95 4.0 fuel pump pressure? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 95 4.0 fuel pump pressure?

Labor Day Sale!Clayton Off Road - last day of the Labor Day special!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 03-11-2008, 12:43 AM   #1
my2monkeys
1989 XJ Cherokee 

95 4.0 fuel pump pressure?

Can anyone tell me FSM sspecs on my 95 4.0 fuel pump pressure? I put a gauge on it and it reads 40 psi at idle. Sound about right? Problem is , vehicle chugs under accelleration sometimes and sometimes not. Thought it was pump because it was doing it badly once, and I was almost empty so I filled her up and it immediately ran good. So I figured low fuel=hot pump, but the wife says "no chug on low fuel and chugging with half tnk ". Problem comes and goes, mostly comes. Any ideas welcomed!

my2monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2008, 08:16 AM   #2
kmd1776
2004 WJ 

im in class right now, but if i remember correctly, the FSM says 39 psi +/- 1 psi for my 95 FSM
04 wj limited; 4.7L V8, 247> 242hd swap; Hayden auxillary tranny cooler; BFG All Terrain 245/70/17; Moog Up-Country Coil Springs; Monroe Reflex Monotube Shocks; JKS BPE's; Chrome Overland tow hooks; Dynomax Ultraflow catback
kmd1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2008, 08:20 AM   #3
kmd1776
2004 WJ 

and when you mean "chug" what do you mean buy that? is the tach bouncing around?? or that you think your getting lots of fuel, then little fuel?
04 wj limited; 4.7L V8, 247> 242hd swap; Hayden auxillary tranny cooler; BFG All Terrain 245/70/17; Moog Up-Country Coil Springs; Monroe Reflex Monotube Shocks; JKS BPE's; Chrome Overland tow hooks; Dynomax Ultraflow catback
kmd1776 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.