94 ZJ Power Living Room Seats - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 94 ZJ Power Living Room Seats

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 04-30-2013, 10:20 AM   #1
SheepJeep

94 ZJ Power Living Room Seats

so i swapped some 94 zj seats into my 01 xj but kept the manual seat bracket in the xj so now i have a pair of xj seats, a set of 94 zj non heated power seats brackets, and a need for some living room chairs

this is more a "because i can" project than anything else but i want to plug in the seats into a wall outlet and make it so you can adjust your seat. I want to see a wiring diagram for the seats to figure out how to do this, what is in between the batters and the seat and how big of a 12V DC adapter i need

the plug on the seat is an oval with two contacts on it

SheepJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2013, 10:52 AM   #2
abraham743
1997 ZJ 

Power and ground on the wiring. If you wire them up and they move the wrong way just switch your wires. As far as in the vehicle there was probably a 20 or 30 amp breaker. Look in fuse section of owners manual.
abraham743 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2013, 11:45 AM   #3
SheepJeep

the fuse blocks says 30 amps (circuit breaker), so i would assume that's 15 amps per seat

thats what i assumed with the connector pins but wanted to be 100% that is wasn't something like x-motor and y-motor and ground through the floor
SheepJeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.