94 ZJ fuel line leak help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 94 ZJ fuel line leak help

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 09-11-2010, 10:25 PM   #1
calvin12

94 ZJ fuel line leak help

I just developed a leak in the hard fuel line on my 94 ZJ. its in the back line about a 1/4 inch past the end of the rubber line coming off the fuel rail. Is there any way to repair this or do I need to get a new hard line run? How far back does the hard line run before the next fitting? if the rubber hose to the fuel rail was 1/4 in longer. Would it be safe to use epoxy putty on it temporarily?

Unread 09-11-2010, 10:37 PM   #2
freakinheep89
1995 ZJ 

it runs to the fuel filter. its a PITA to run a new one, the replacement is (as far as i have researched) only available from the dealer. My friend's kinked one day when working near it, and we had to replace it. The fuel seeping out will render JB weld useless, unless you remove it and clean and dry it. maybe try JB water weld? i used it on a fuel line on a neon once as a temp fix and it worked

[QUOTE=slayercr23;12630497]How would i go about Stroking it?[/QUOTE]
freakinheep89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2010, 10:54 PM   #3
calvin12

Thanks, I can get the line dry so JB should work if I cant find the water one. Just need a temp fix until I can get in it to get fixed.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.