94 grand cherokee Moog spring replacements - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 94 grand cherokee Moog spring replacements

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 11-12-2013, 10:34 AM   #1
Iohannes
1994 ZJ 

94 grand cherokee Moog spring replacements

I have a 94 grand cherokee laredo, 4WD, I6 with no up country suspension. I need to replace the springs all around and would like to use Moog. I don't need a 2-3" lift.. just need to get it to ride like it used too. Every place online seems to have a different description (or lack there of) for Moog part numbers. I emailed moog and their response was:

CC721 = rear
CC780 = Frt RWD
CC782 = Frt 4WD

(sorry for sounding stupid) But i didnt know jeep made a grand cherokee that was only RWD. I've been reading through a lot of forums and i keep seeing CC782's referenced on the V8 models. Has anyone used CC721 and CC782 on an I6 and do they get you within normal height again?

Iohannes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2013, 10:57 AM   #2
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Why do you need to replace the coils?
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2013, 12:29 PM   #3
JasonStebbins
Obv

1997 ZJ 

I was wondering the same thing. They usually out last the vehicle.

Are you replacing them because the ride is rough? Chances are that's from bad shocks, bad control arm bushings or bad isolators.

12 things to do when your ZJ stalls by ZeeJay1997
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/1...talls-1407423/
JasonStebbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2013, 12:39 PM   #4
Iohannes
1994 ZJ 

The jeep never had shocks or springs replaced during its life. The shocks have been in need of replacement for a over a year. Over the last year I noticed that the jeep has "settled" more. The back is definitely now lower than the front. I don't understand either since i've only ever seen this in my old cherokee that had leaf springs. I was assuming if I replaced the springs, I would gain my original ride height.
Unread 11-12-2013, 12:48 PM   #5
Iohannes
1994 ZJ 

.. I also wanted to add. I already have the shocks so I was going to do all of it at the same time since I was already disconnecting everything.
Unread 11-12-2013, 01:06 PM   #6
JasonStebbins
Obv

1997 ZJ 

How many miles on the Jeep? They springs could indeed be sagging, but it's weird that the rear is sagging. Do you do a lot of towing/hauling?

Check out the rubber isolators that sit on top of the springs. Mine were so crushed and rotted that the spring had pushed all the way through them, causing rake in the front.

You can replace the shocks as it sits, no jacking up/removing anything else is required.

12 things to do when your ZJ stalls by ZeeJay1997
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/1...talls-1407423/
JasonStebbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2013, 01:33 PM   #7
Iohannes
1994 ZJ 

Thanks for the responses. It has 185k miles. I do some light towing a couple of times a year. The rear spring isolators do look rotted and crushed. The tops of the rear springs also appear to have a good amount of rust (compared to the front).
Unread 11-12-2013, 04:26 PM   #8
coralman
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

I totally replaced the front and rear suspension on the 98 2WD{ yes we exist,lol} except for 4 things.....the springs. So I'm going with what Polka and Jason said. I did replace all the isolators too.
coralman is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.