'94 GC Laredo won't idle when warm - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > '94 GC Laredo won't idle when warm

JK specific skid plates from Clayton Off Road Mfg.RCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.comStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 08-16-2012, 12:47 PM   #1
billie789
2013 WK 

'94 GC Laredo won't idle when warm

Just the past few days, my '94 GC Laredo with a 5.2 V-8 has been idling roughly when it's warmed up, the air conditioning is running and it's hot outside.

If I pull into a store parking lot and put the trans in Park and shut off the A/C, the idle will shoot up to exactly 1500 rpms for 3 or 4 seconds, then drop down suddenly and the engines tries to die. It normally idles and purrs like a spoiled kitten, because it is, from the new water pump and injectors to regular tune-ups and oil changes, clean air throttle bodies and butterflies, etc.

Fresh gas in the tank 3 times since it started doing this.

Again, it idles smoothly at 750 rpms until I drive it with the A/C on for a while, then it idles roughly when I stop at a stop sign or red light and tries to die. If I shut off the air while sitting there idling roughly, the idle shoots up to exactly 1500 rpms for 3 or 4 seconds, then tries to die.

The truck starts right back up if it does die. It's not stranding me anywhere, so I doubt it's anything serious.

Anyone have a quick check list of sensors, tips, hints before I tear into it blindly?

Thanks!

billie789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2012, 12:54 PM   #2
inkspot88
1993 ZJ 

Mine does the same thing when its hot. I was told that when the computer was replaced it was put in wrong and cracked. So when it heats up it does it.
inkspot88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.