94 GC dies at when at a stop in the cold - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 94 GC dies at when at a stop in the cold

Jeep Liberty Window RegulatorJeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side ViewSmittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!

Unread 11-01-2012, 01:08 PM   #1
duhkooter
1994 ZJ 

94 GC dies at when at a stop in the cold

since the temps here in new england have been dropping, my jeep has been dying when i come to a stop. sometimes the idle drops and fluctuates and the engine shakes then dies. sometimes the car just stalls and dies out.

duhkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2012, 04:10 PM   #2
JasonStebbins
1997 ZJ 

Start by cleaning out your IAC.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/c...-valve-756934/

Second, remove the air intake tube and thoroughly clean the throttle body and butterfly. This can get dirty with carbon build up and grime just like the IAC. Spray carburetor cleaner or SeaFoam on and around the throttle body and wipe it clean. Running seafoam through the intake while running can also clean out they system. I do this every couple months.

Third, check for vaccuum leaks. This can be done by putting soap and water in a spray bottle and applying on all hoses. A pinhole or crack will bubble letting you know it is dry rotted or damaged.

Fourth, check your battery clamps/terminals/grounds.

Fifth, test your fuel pressure at the rail and replace fuel filter.
JasonStebbins is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.