94 GC 5.2 Rough idle when cold. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 94 GC 5.2 Rough idle when cold.

Steering and more from Ruffstuff!Even Better Heim Pricing! From RuffstuffUSA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4

Unread 11-08-2009, 02:31 PM   #1
smoulding
1998 ZJ 

94 GC 5.2 Rough idle when cold.

My 94 GC with the 5.2L idles rough when cold. It revs a little high, then low, and rough. After it warms up for about a minute it runs fine, will run good. Let it sit for a while, start it up, and it will do it again only for about a minute, then all will be fine.

It just started doing that.

I had recently replaced the fuel pump and filter.

Ideas?

Thanks.

smoulding is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2009, 06:23 PM   #2
takethisride
1996 ZJ 

i have a 96 with a 5.2L in it, and unfortunately it does the same. i have no idea what it is. and it just started when it started to get cold
96 ZJ 5.2L 4x4, 4.5" Lift, NP231 swap, Beefed Custom Cline front DS, 33" Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, 15x10 RCX wheels, JKS front and Rear track-bars, Flowmaster 40series, Cobra CB radio, Optima Yellow Top, Snorkel, Rough Country winch mount, Super Winch TS9500, cut fenders, Red Jeep Club #572, Built Not Bought #279
takethisride is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2009, 10:49 PM   #3
bobotech
1993 ZJ 

Tag.

My buddy has a 94GC with the 5.2 that does the same weird surging. I'm wondering if its a TPS but that would be all the time, not just when its cold.
bobotech is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2009, 12:37 AM   #4
cologc46

2006 TJ Wrangler 

First thing most people recommend for rough idle is to clean the Idle Air Control. The IAC is on the throttle body, it is easy to disassemble and clean. Someone posted step by step, if you search it is easy to find. Or, just click here: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/h...-valve-756934/

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.