94 4WD Dash Light Info - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 94 4WD Dash Light Info

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!XJ Rail Sale!

Unread 11-21-2002, 04:08 PM   #1
Herb Jenssen

94 4WD Dash Light Info

I just purchased a 94 Grand Cherokee.
I was told by the dealer that the front wheel lights only light up when the front wheels start to be needed. Duh? (dash diagram)
So I went to a Jeep dealer and they told me the same thing. I bought it. (the jeep)
Since I've never owned a Jeep and it didn't have an owners manual I didn't know what to believe.
I have since acquired an 94 owners manual and discovered there were three different kinds of 4WD listed.
I called the Chrysler Customer Service number and was told I have the Quadra-trac 4WD.
I was also told that all four wheels should light up on the dash display only when in 4WD lo. And the owner's manual says the Lo lamp should light up also.
What Lo lamp? The one on the transfer case?
I called the last owner who had the Jeep for ten years and he said the front tires on the display never lit up in 4WD while he had it.
I'm going to go out and find some lose dirt or something and see if the front tires will spin. The guy at Chrysler advised not putting it on a lift and letting it freewheel. I'm not sure why.
Anyway, does anyone out there know which lights should light up and when they should light up?
Thanks
Herb
------------------
Herb

Herb Jenssen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-22-2002, 12:54 AM   #2
moabster
2011 WK 

I had a 93 GC Laredo with Quadra Trac and the wheel light and the LO light only came on when I was in 4WD low. I don't ever remember the rear wheel lights coming on by themselves. If the rear wheel lights where on the fronts where on also.

HTH
Bullet Proof Front and Rear Bumpers and Tow bar
moabster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-24-2002, 06:32 PM   #3
madmanfrommars

I drive a 94 Grand cherokee laredo now. I have the 5.2 Litre v-8.

What the hell are you talking about? I don't do much off roading in it so I'm almost never in 4wd lo.

What wheel light?
madmanfrommars is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-25-2002, 04:28 AM   #4
moabster
2011 WK 

I think he is talking about the picture of the jeep that is located in the info display. It shows you when your fluids are low, when to check the engine, and also lights up when you are in 4 lo. In later models they moved this information up to the overhead info-center display. I'm not sure which year they changed it.
Bullet Proof Front and Rear Bumpers and Tow bar
moabster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2002, 07:14 PM   #5
madmanfrommars

Ohhh. Well I've never seen the lights light up for the headlights on that display. My brake light is intermiddient so that error keeps showing up and it pisses me off!!!!!

Its a really good idea though. Its nice in my dads overland with the Tire Pressure monitoring system.
Unread 11-27-2002, 10:47 AM   #6
Herb Jenssen

I believe it just shows the current drive wheels and which door is ajar.
It doesn't show if headlights are on or not.

I just can't believe there isn't anyone out there that can confirm or deny my first posting.

Come on! Someone has to know!
Later
Herb
Herb Jenssen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2002, 03:29 PM   #7
madmanfrommars

Current drive wheels? I've never had the wheels light up on mine.

On the computer I've seen which doors are open, tailights that are out, how long until an oil change, winshield washer fluid low, and the hatch on the back open. Oh wait, I think it also tells if the hood is open, but I've never seen it say anything about the wheels.

Theres no TPMS so I dunno what ur expecting.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.