93zj AC issue - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 93zj AC issue

Bilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and CStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 04-10-2013, 08:31 PM   #1
TRDRacer
1993 ZJ 

93zj AC issue

Hello, I am new to the board and new to jeeps. I am mechanically inclined and do fix most of my own cars. So with that said I have been slowly Fixing up my jeep. I have already fixed the trans, transfer case, rear diff, brakes, fluids, valve cover gasket, plugs and wires. I am now trying to tackle the AC. I took a gauge to it to see if there was any pressure and any freeon in it. It was low and the freon was at zero mark. I tried to run the car and flip the AC system on to see if all is working. The clutch does not enguage as I believe if there is no freeon then it won't have any pressure to spin up the compressor. So I checked all the fuses and relay and all are ok. So to test out the clutch I unplugged the connector and plugged a piece of wire to each end of the plug making a C clip with the wire. The clutch turned on and was working well with no noise issue. So I proceeded to get a can of 134a and fill it just to see if I could find any leaks. I charged the system and proceeded to let it run for about 5 min but the clutch will not turn on unless I unplug it and put in the C clip of wire. Then it runs. So is this a wiring issue under the dash to the canister or what?

TRDRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2013, 03:06 PM   #2
TRDRacer
1993 ZJ 

Fixed the issue. All good.
TRDRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013, 04:27 PM   #3
zj94x4LTD
1994 ZJ 

what was the problem after all? how did you fix it?
zj94x4LTD is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.