93gc Problems!!!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 93gc Problems!!!!!

August special - FREE XJ Unibody stiffeners when you buy a~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!

Unread 09-09-2002, 11:07 AM   #1
troutslayer

93gc Problems!!!!!

OK,
I replaced the security module thinking that would be the end of my woes,but it isn't.I can turn the key for like 5 seconds and then it goes into a funk.I turn the key to off and then immediately try to start it again and then it will statrt right away.If that isn't enough,I adjusted the idle along with replacing the plugs,wires,air cleaner,throttle body was cleaned,fuel filter,fuel pump was checked.I have bad hesitation at stop signs and stop lights.When I go to accelerate from a stop,it wants to die.I have to keep it in neutral to keep it running.I performed the OBD and I got "5" check engine lights a pause and then "5" more,I guess for a code of "55".Does anyone here have any idea what is up with this thing??? It is driving me nucking futs. Please help me

troutslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2002, 04:03 PM   #2
moabster
2011 WK 

Hi Troutslayer,

The 55 code just means "end of code", so the OBD did not detect any problems.

From reading your past posts it sounds like you have tried all of the obvious things. It may be cheaper to have a dealer or auto shop you trust look at it and a least give you an estimate for what it will cost to fix it.
Bullet Proof Front and Rear Bumpers and Tow bar
moabster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2002, 04:45 PM   #3
troutslayer

I guess the next order of buisness is to replace the crank postion sensor,o2 sensor,cat converter,fuel injectors,ignition coil.If this doesn't work,I'm going to send it off a cliff.........
troutslayer is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.