93 zj vic - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 93 zj vic

JK Vent Covers - NalinMFGTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGJEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFF

Unread 02-18-2013, 11:01 AM   #16
dnuccio
1995 ZJ 

just get rid of the VIC all together and replace it with a switch panel or do what i did and put in a cubby box from a 2wd ZJ.

Unread 02-19-2013, 10:08 AM   #17
zjosh93
1993 ZJ 

My VIC died about six months ago. Tore it apart and found a bad capacitor had puked onto the circuit board and disolved one of the circuit traces. I bought a new cap at Frys and bridged the bad trace with solder. Works great now. Can't tell you which cap it was. I think it was near one of the corners but it was obvious which one leaked.
zjosh93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 06:14 PM   #18
KoreaZJ
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thezj View Post
My Vic is out on my1993 zj and looking for a new one pulled mine apart and there were burnt sauder point's
Burnt look might be from fractured solder joints. Clean it up and reflow the solder joints.
KoreaZJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.