93 zj 5.2l Igition system - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 93 zj 5.2l Igition system

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 06-18-2013, 11:08 PM   #1
ninjastar
1993 ZJ 

93 zj 5.2l Igition system

I just got the ignition system from kolak and also got the iridium xp3923 and I know how much a pita it could be alone with I have to again replace the egr since I still get the code. But as far as that goes, any one have any tips or links on how to replace the cap and rotor?

ninjastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2013, 01:03 AM   #2
Rich93ZJ
1993 ZJ 

Make a reference of where all the plug wires go then pull them out. Unscrew old cap and remove. pull up on rotor to remove it. Make sure your cam sensor is located correctly and replace with new parts in reverse order. Very simple procedure
Rich93ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2013, 01:46 PM   #3
ninjastar
1993 ZJ 

I cant seems to get the rotor off. Is it suppose to just come off without having to unscrew anything?
Unread 06-19-2013, 02:04 PM   #4
David97
Mr Wiggles

1995 ZJ 

What I do is unbolt the cap, leaving the wires connected still. Move it out of the way a little, and the rotor just pulls off. Then just replace one wire at a time onto the new cap, so that you know where each one goes.

Takes like 10 minutes to do. If that.
David97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2013, 04:22 PM   #5
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

The rotor pulls straight up and off. You may hit your hand on the hood pulling. Just take everything apart, replace the cap and rotor and then route the plug wires. Here is the TSB about how to route them as well so you don't get any cross firing. You don't need the special clips, any plug holder/ separator from the parts store will do along with the stock holders if they fit. I remember my plug wires from Kolak being to fat to work with the stock wires.

http://dodgeram.info/tsb/1998/18-48-98/18-48-98-v8.htm
picture-9.png  
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2013, 06:06 PM   #6
ninjastar
1993 ZJ 

It went pretty smooth till it got to the rotor portion, in the end I had to break it off. As far as how it went in general, it went good since I also replaced the egr valve even though I replaced it last year. Hopefully CEL 52 and 32 go away now.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.