93 VIC in a 94 oil level light - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 93 VIC in a 94 oil level light

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!TJ BDS 2" suspension lift!! FINALLY a GREAT 2" l

Unread 03-04-2015, 07:18 AM   #1
jeepthing360
2006 LJ Wrangler 

93 VIC in a 94 oil level light

Good morning everyone. I had to replace the Vic unit in my 94. I grabbed a 93 unit and now I have the annoying check oil level light. Does anyone know which wire it is to turn it off. I thought it was 26 and tried a few different resistors and nothing seemed to help. I just want the light gone. Any help is appreciated.

jeepthing360 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2015, 09:32 AM   #2
AVR2
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

It's definitely pin 26:

My oil level sensor connector is broken, so when I specifically put the VIC into diagnostic mode it tells me that there's a problem with the sensor, but I don't get any warnings about it otherwise.

I don't know if it helps (probably not) but the FSM says that the oil level sensor uses a 0.75 milliamp circuit.

Here's the only other diagram from the FSM that might help you...

AVR2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2015, 08:20 PM   #3
jeepthing360
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the info. I'll have to check that out tomorrow and see what I can figure out.
jeepthing360 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2015, 08:25 PM   #4
xcaliber81
1994 ZJ 

How does the vic show the door open? I tried putting a 93 vic in my 94 and my 94 didn't like it and for the life of me I could not figure out how to show the door open
xcaliber81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2015, 12:31 AM   #5
AVR2
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

IIRC, the switches in the door frames ground when the door opens.
AVR2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2015, 07:07 AM   #6
Cbob4
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVR2 View Post
IIRC, the switches in the door frames ground when the door opens.
This is correct. depressing the switch (closing the door) completes the ground circuit. Unfortunately for mine, my issue is internal to the VIC as it always thinks my driver's door is ajar. Even tried grounding the pin in the connector to no avail. But I can live with it, as I like the service interval feature...
Cbob4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2015, 07:39 AM   #7
vlackattack
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbob4 View Post
Unfortunately for mine, my issue is internal to the VIC as it always thinks my driver's door is ajar. Even tried grounding the pin in the connector to no avail. But I can live with it, as I like the service interval feature...
The solder joints on the circuit board go bad, if you open up your VIC and resolder them, it'll probably make the driver's door ajar message go away.
vlackattack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2015, 08:51 AM   #8
xcaliber81
1994 ZJ 

But I hooked up a vic and it never worked.
xcaliber81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.