93 vic. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 93 vic.

New For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S ExhaNew For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S ExhaNew For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S Exha

Unread 11-15-2013, 02:07 PM   #1
xcaliber81
1994 ZJ 

93 vic.

Is it the same as the 94-95? just wondering cause i have a 93 vic and i tried to put it in yes with the coolant and the lom but it was going crazy so i unplugged it. was telling me coolant sensor bad rear lamp failure and everything else but it worked perfect in the 93? just asking cause the wiring is different in the 93.

Unread 11-15-2013, 02:38 PM   #2
RWC

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcaliber81 View Post
Is it the same as the 94-95? just wondering cause i have a 93 vic and i tried to put it in yes with the coolant and the lom but it was going crazy so i unplugged it. was telling me coolant sensor bad rear lamp failure and everything else but it worked perfect in the 93? just asking cause the wiring is different in the 93.
The bad coolant sensor message can be repaired by soldering on the back of the VIC. Use the search function.

As for bad rear lights, there are lots of bulbs on the back of a ZJ. In the two ZJs that we've had, every time it told me I had a bad light and I thought it was lying, I actually ended up finding a bad rear light.
RWC is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2013, 02:42 PM   #3
xcaliber81
1994 ZJ 

No bad lights and the coolant sensor worked with no warnings at all in the 93 its only telling me lies since ive put a 93 vic in a in my 94. Again it worked perfect in the 93 with NO messages at all.

My question is does the 93 vic have a different wiring setup than the 94-95 vics? Or will I need the vic from a 94 keep in mind I had a laredo and put limited stuff in it.
Unread 11-15-2013, 02:43 PM   #4
riot1987
1997 ZJ 

Location: In your attic, with the squirrels and wrapping paper
Coolant message is a bad solder joint in the vic. A "new" one will most likely do the same.. Remove old VIC then,smash it with a hammer and call it a day.

Build thread^^
riot1987 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2013, 02:50 PM   #5
xcaliber81
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by riot1987 View Post
Coolant message is a bad solder joint in the vic. A "new" one will most likely do the same.. Remove old VIC then,smash it with a hammer and call it a day.
Sigh.... never said coolant sensor bad in the 93 I drove it to its final resting place and got to play with it. It worked perfect as it should have.
Unread 11-15-2013, 02:52 PM   #6
xcaliber81
1994 ZJ 

The wiring setup is different in the 93 zj compared to the 94 zj is the reason im asking.
Unread 11-15-2013, 04:23 PM   #7
tucsonzj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcaliber81 View Post
The wiring setup is different in the 93 zj compared to the 94 zj is the reason im asking.
wiring is the same from 93 to 95. They really are annoying, i just said f*** it and put in a 2wd cubby. Perfect place for my sunglasses.
Unread 11-15-2013, 04:30 PM   #8
xcaliber81
1994 ZJ 

actually I was just curious at this point im happy with my working gdm and since I have the overhead console I can store sunglasses there. I saw a cool link a while back about a vic alarm clock I might just do that instead lol.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.