93 V8 VIC Oil Sensor location - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 93 V8 VIC Oil Sensor location

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 12-14-2011, 05:27 PM   #1
Lakoswolf
1993 ZJ 

93 V8 VIC Oil Sensor location

Greetings all,

I'm getting the dreaded "CHECK OIL LEVEL" warning on my VIC. Previously I just used a resistor as discussed in other threads to fool the VIC on my (now deceased) 4.0 and it was easy to find as the sensor connector was just hanging there. For the life of me I cannot seem to locate this sensor on my 5.2 V8, does anyone have a picture of it? I would be immensely grateful as Google and Forum searches haven't given me any such results.

Thanks in Advance!

Lakoswolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2011, 12:07 PM   #2
Georelle
1993 ZJ 

It is on the passenger side,

Georelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2011, 02:19 PM   #3
Lakoswolf
1993 ZJ 

Awesome, thank you for the diagram!

I was able to get under the Jeep for other work and took a picture of the above diagram should anyone need it. I used some zip ties to secure the cable to the rest of the wiring harness.

Last edited by Lakoswolf; 01-05-2012 at 12:10 PM..
Lakoswolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5.2 , zj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.