'93 Rear Brake Conversion - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > '93 Rear Brake Conversion

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueThanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutf

Unread 08-18-2013, 07:32 PM   #1
Raimundo
1993 ZJ 

'93 Rear Brake Conversion

Hi there. I want to go Rear DISC Brakes on my '93 ZJ. Is there a specific model year that I should get the parts from or can I just get them from any one from '95 to '98?. Thanks

Raimundo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2013, 07:37 PM   #2
fljeepney
1998 ZJ 

I think Iron Rock Offroad sells the conversion kits,but if that's not the way you want to go,then I assume you would have to pull everything from a ZJ that came with rear disc.
Good Luck
fljeepney is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2013, 07:55 PM   #3
Raimundo
1993 ZJ 

Hey fljeepney! Nice ride. Mine looks similar( no fire), I'll post pictures soon. So, I now I can save a lot of $$ if I pull it myself from a yard but,,Can I use ANY from '95 to '98? Thanks
Unread 08-18-2013, 08:25 PM   #4
fljeepney
1998 ZJ 

Actually,that's an old ad when the 5.9s came out,but I have a white one I just bought not long ago.I cant really say if it would work,but I'm very sure someone else will chime in on it.
For mine,I'm going to replace all 4 rotors with slotted ones for more stopping power,plus minimal brake dust.
Unread 08-18-2013, 08:30 PM   #5
dnuccio
1995 ZJ 

ZJ disc brake hardware was the same across all years AFAIK
Unread 08-18-2013, 09:38 PM   #6
Raimundo
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fljeepney View Post
Actually,that's an old ad when the 5.9s came out,but I have a white one I just bought not long ago.I cant really say if it would work,but I'm very sure someone else will chime in on it.
For mine,I'm going to replace all 4 rotors with slotted ones for more stopping power,plus minimal brake dust.
Thank you "dnuccio" for the info: Hey jeepney; I HIGHLY recommend BRAKEPERFORMANCE.COM.I purchased front "slotted/dimpled drilled"(partially drilled) from them about 7 months ago. Those are amazing. My '93 stops so evenly,quick and with NOT a bit of vibration etc, also, after 7 months, they don't have not even a scratch on them vs the groves you'd get in flat ones, the grove in the rotor keeps the pad super clean, avoiding particles to accumulate in between, what causes rotor deep groves and warping. they also work a lot cooler, I use ceramic pads and barely dust. very good product and serious customer service. Well, I was just looking online and they all want over $500.00 for the hall kit.So, I have to do my numbers because I'm not using the flat rotors. I think I'll just get the calipers and bracket/plate from the yard, then I can get new calipers for $20.00 each (returning the old one) and the rest I'll get it new, like parking shoes and cables. I'll do the numbers and post back ok? good luck and thanks again.
Unread 08-18-2013, 09:43 PM   #7
Y0ungGunZJ
1993 ZJ 

No 93s came with disc 94-98 have disc as standard.
(o) )-o---(o) )---o-) ) ---------(o) )-o-(o) )--o-) )
Y0ungGunZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2013, 10:47 PM   #8
dnuccio
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y0ungGunZJ View Post
No 93s came with disc 94-98 have disc as standard.
94 limiteds have discs, 94 laredos still had drums. 95 everything got discs
Unread 08-19-2013, 07:53 PM   #9
fljeepney
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raimundo View Post
Thank you "dnuccio" for the info: Hey jeepney; I HIGHLY recommend BRAKEPERFORMANCE.COM.I purchased front "slotted/dimpled drilled"(partially drilled) from them about 7 months ago. Those are amazing. My '93 stops so evenly,quick and with NOT a bit of vibration etc, also, after 7 months, they don't have not even a scratch on them vs the groves you'd get in flat ones, the grove in the rotor keeps the pad super clean, avoiding particles to accumulate in between, what causes rotor deep groves and warping. they also work a lot cooler, I use ceramic pads and barely dust. very good product and serious customer service. Well, I was just looking online and they all want over $500.00 for the hall kit.So, I have to do my numbers because I'm not using the flat rotors. I think I'll just get the calipers and bracket/plate from the yard, then I can get new calipers for $20.00 each (returning the old one) and the rest I'll get it new, like parking shoes and cables. I'll do the numbers and post back ok? good luck and thanks again.
Not a problem,glad I could help somewhat.I really appreciate giving me that site coz my 5.9 could use a stronger brake setup.Hope your swap goes well,and take pics of the swap.
Unread 08-19-2013, 11:17 PM   #10
xcaliber81
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnuccio View Post
94 limiteds have discs, 94 laredos still had drums. 95 everything got discs
you mean all model gc from 95 and up had disks in the rear?
xcaliber81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2013, 11:36 PM   #11
coltman151
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcaliber81

you mean all model gc from 95 and up had disks in the rear?
Yep. My 95 laredos got discs. 94 be the last year of da drums.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.