93 Grand Cherokee Limited V8 backfiring - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 93 Grand Cherokee Limited V8 backfiring

Attention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 01-14-2013, 06:20 PM   #1
93limitedgirl

93 Grand Cherokee Limited V8 backfiring

My jeep is backfiring and running like crap. I woke up one morning to a dead battery, I went to charge it and the alarm system was going haywire. I couldn't disarm it and I didn't want to pay to have an after market system put on so I grounded a wire in the driver side kick panel and completely disabled the faulty system. After that I charged the battery back up and ever since then it has run like garbage. It bucks and shakes unless I have the petal to the floor, it is backfiring but its not rhythmic and it only does it sometimes, and my mpg is down at 9. So I ran an OBD scanner on it and these are the codes it's throwing:

0014 -
Description

Timing Over-Advanced or System Performance (Bank 1)
MAP sensor voltage below .16V or over 4.96V

0024 -
Description

B Camshaft Position - Timing Over-Advanced or System Performance (Bank 2)
Throttle position sensor over 4.96V

0041 -
Description

Alternator field control circuit open or shorted

Any ideas for me? I'm an airplane mechanic, I have no clue what to do when it comes to electrical stuff. I don't want to start waste money by throwing parts at it unless I know they need replacing. Thanks!

93limitedgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.