93 Grand Cherokee Limited Security System Disable - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 93 Grand Cherokee Limited Security System Disable

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?

Unread 02-09-2011, 01:53 AM   #31
BlueDevil
1995 ZJ 

I'll have a look, thanx! My fob (with new battery) works like lazy: I have to be like very close, and keep the buttno pressed for 5-6 seconds until it unlocks. Also, the little red LED that blinks when you press the button - it blinks once and then stays put. Unlike on my GF's remote for her car, where the LED is on while you're pushing the buttn, and off when you stop pushing it.
In the meantime, my replacement fob from keyless ride arrived, and works like a charm. Even from greater distance. So I guess it's that diode on the top, that emits the IR signal, gets scratched with the time, blurred, so it loses range and efficiency. New fob works from 3-4ft from the ZJ, and I'm happy

Unread 03-15-2011, 08:58 PM   #32
7andrewh7
1995 XJ Cherokee 

What do you do if your jeep starts and stuff but the locks, AC/heating, and some of the interior lights dont work unless all doors are closed. Also the very back light and the kick pannel light blink while jeep is on. The stereo will not turn on either and the antena on the hood that usually goes up when jeep is turned on doesn't go up at all. I have already tried unlocking and locking doors and hatch, and cutting and grounding the purple and yellow striped wire. Any ideas???
7andrewh7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2011, 04:48 PM   #33
valentino
1993 ZJ 

excatly same problem I have now I am not alone. wondering who will answer this problem ...
valentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2011, 09:47 PM   #34
speedbucket
1993 ZJ 

pull the rubber boot on your driver door back (below hinge), you will find some broken wires, splice them back together and you should be good
Unread 05-25-2011, 11:32 AM   #35
7andrewh7
1995 XJ Cherokee 

I fixed it, its just a blown fuse in the fuse box that can be accessed by opening the drivers side door.
Unread 05-25-2011, 11:40 AM   #36
7andrewh7
1995 XJ Cherokee 

not drivers door i ment passengers side door.
Unread 05-25-2011, 02:32 PM   #37
irishluck
2013 JK Wrangler 

ive been having this same problem. I got this jeep for free, got a new battery, had a fuel issue so got new fuel pump new gas fiilter and battery. now it wont stay running.

checked fuses, grounds, battery connections, everything

from what people are telling me, my security system is screwed up and is triggered. I will turn my Jeep on and it will only run for 5 seconds and quite.

heres my problem, I dont have a key for the door unlocks or anything, got this jeep for free. only have a ignition key.

What do i do?
irishluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2011, 04:18 PM   #38
speedbucket
1993 ZJ 

buy a keyfob (you can program yourself) or install new door key cylinders
Unread 05-26-2011, 07:38 AM   #39
irishluck
2013 JK Wrangler 

seems like thats what im going to have to do.

whagts a keyfob

thing about this is that when the battery was disconnected? none of my lights flashed or anything
Unread 05-26-2011, 07:48 AM   #40
speedbucket
1993 ZJ 

does it sputter or just quit?
Unread 05-26-2011, 07:52 AM   #41
irishluck
2013 JK Wrangler 

well it would just quite. after about 5 seconds, even when giving it gas.

but im not worried about this now, what the problem im having with now is getting my brand new fuel pump to turn on. its not turning on now
Unread 05-30-2011, 12:21 PM   #42
irishluck
2013 JK Wrangler 

Forget it guys, im selling the peice of ****.

It starts now but STILLL when i give it gas it bogs down and shuts off.

And STILLLL sometimes when i flick the key on and hit the push button the whole things shuts down and loses all power.
Unread 12-19-2011, 08:22 PM   #43
ironmans10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
When you grounded the purple/yellow wire, did you cut it first? If so, did you try grounding both ends?

You don't really have to cut any wires. As mentioned before the purple/yellow wire is accessible in the drivers side kick panel area. In this picture, you can see the large black connector int he center:

This exact terminal for this wire isn't visible, but it should be present in the connector. Find it, and sick a piece of wire into the back end of that cavity (making contact with the metal terminal) and touch the other end to ground. This should disarm.

If it doesn't, there may be a break in the circuit going to the module, the module may be faulty, or the module is not recieving power. So, first check all your fuses. REALLY check (pull them and check with a voltmeter). Then you might need to get at the module. Someone said you can get at the connector without taking apart the dash. I haven't tried this. If it's true, you would reach up under the dash on the glovebox side, to the left of the glovebox opening. The connector faces the front of the vehicle. If you can, pull it, find the purple/yellow wire, backprobe it as mentioned above, plug it back into the module (still with the backprobe) and ground that wire. If that still doesn't disarm it, further diagnosis is required.

As for flashing lights without the horn, this can be caused by one of two things: When the alarm blows, it flashes lights and honks the horn for 3 minutes, followed by just flashing the lights for another 15 minutes. OR... when the battery is disconnected or goes very low, and power is restored, the alarm goes into "power up mode", which is to flash the lights. Both can be cancelled by disarming the alarm.

I was at a gas station when a woman with an early ZJ approached me, saying it wouldn't start and the security light was flashing. I tried the key in both front doors and the hatch but it didn't work. Then, I tried jump-starting it for her and that worked (after disarming with the booster hooked up). Turns out her battery was bad, and the low voltage put the alarm in power-up mode.
I have a 94 jeep grand cherokee, i thought i had an alarm problem. It turned out after a week in a half of working on it the purple and yellow wires splicing does work does work but did not fix my problem. I still have chattering from the shut down relay and the fuel pump relay. The fix had a bad ground to the motor on the passenger side engine head.
ironmans10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2011, 08:23 PM   #44
ironmans10

I have a 94 jeep grand cherokee, i thought i had an alarm problem. It turned out after a week in a half of working on it the purple and yellow wires splicing does work does work but did not fix my problem. I still have chattering from the shut down relay and the fuel pump relay. The fix had a bad ground to the motor on the passenger side engine head.
ironmans10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2012, 10:45 PM   #45
mattryan62

I have the 93 cherokee, have the alarm problem. I took apart the door panel and the only purple wire in there has a white tracer. I cut and grounded it and still nothing. all my lights work I got a new battery, I turn the key and nothing. I read one thread that talked about shut down mode, any thoughts, I am so frustrated, I just need to get my car to start.
mattryan62 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.