93 grand cherokee just died - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 93 grand cherokee just died

6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 09-03-2006, 09:59 PM   #1
my94cherokee

93 grand cherokee just died

Ive got a 1993 grand cherokee with a 6cyl auto 249 transfer case. i just did the cap rotor and plugs. after driving the truck for a little while i went into a store and came out started the truck and it started then died. it started right back up. a little while later i shut the car off. it sat for maybe about an hour then it took 3 times to get it started. after that its been fine. i know the wires need to be changed but would these situations be caused by bad wires. also the truck idles at about 400 rpms what is normal.

my94cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-03-2006, 10:54 PM   #2
micifus
Original GC'er

1993 ZJ 

something could be loose check all of your wires and be sure the cap is seated properly

1970 Jeepster Commando 225 V6
32"x11.5" BFG A/T
4" Lift

"For every one thing I fix two things break"
micifus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-04-2006, 12:31 AM   #3
Woody
Retired back to Bowties

Can you hear your fuel pump kick on when you first turn the ignition on? Sounds like your pump is on it's way out.

I'd check the pressure to the fuel rail and see where you are at.
Unread 09-04-2006, 10:15 PM   #4
my94cherokee

hey thanks im gonna check the cap tomorrow mornign when i get up. the wires are all tight. thanks for the help
my94cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.