'93 brake booster in a '98? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > '93 brake booster in a '98?

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 09-19-2013, 04:32 PM   #1
SBlackfoot
1998 ZJ 

'93 brake booster in a '98?

I see that there are different part numbers for '93-'95 ZJ's versus '96-'98. What's the difference? My miner has a hissing sound that might be the booster and I have a spare from my old '93 in the garage, wondering if there's a reason it wouldn't work. I know the early booster has a sensor or switch or something on the front that the '98 may or may not not have (not near the Jeep right now) but so what, if that's all it is then I'm good to go.

'90 Trans Am GTA, 5.0L/700R4.
'98 Oldsmobile LSS, 3.8L.
SBlackfoot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2013, 09:47 AM   #2
Aceladriver

Mostly just a bump for ya!

If you're not sure whether it's the booster or not, pull the line from the motor off the booster and plug the line. If the sound goes away it might be your booster. I don't think bad boosters are a common problem on these - but any component can go bad even if it's not a common problem.

(if you do find out it's a bad booster, might want to check and make sure that it wasn't brake fluid from the master cyl leaking out the rear and eating the seal. Then you'd know you needed a new master cyl too)

As far as the 93 booster fitting the 98 - can't say for sure but it wouldn't surprise me. Early ones have the switch, later ones don't but that wouldn't matter on yours. (if it would work otherwise)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.