'93 4.0L-- idles at 1700 rpm! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > '93 4.0L-- idles at 1700 rpm!

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineExtremeTerrain GROUP BUY: Barricade Rear Bumpers/Tire Carr

Unread 03-05-2004, 07:27 PM   #1
Choff

'93 4.0L-- idles at 1700 rpm!

Recently I replaced the O2 sensor on it, and cleaned a sensor in the throttle body (held in by two torx screws, had a black rod with a silver tip on it, not sure what it was, but it was nasty). Since I did that, it's been idling at 1700 rpm! Needless to say, this is damn hard on the tranny when putting it into gear.

Any ideas as to what could be causing this? It was running way rich with the old O2 sensor and was idling about 1500.

Thanks
CHris

Choff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2004, 10:17 PM   #2
Saleen4971

did you try disconnecting the IAC connector, adn starting it? waht then? (the IAC is the one that you cleaned, i think)

Engine/Trans
- Full Kolak Exhaust (ML's FM70) - FIPK2 - APS 52mm TB - MSD Blaster SS - A3923's - Magnecor's - MP ECU - 180 robertshaw t-stat - Relocated IAT - E.H. M1 - B&M Trans Cooler

Susupension/Brakes
- Addco 1.25" Military front & 7/8" rear sways - Edelbrock IAS shocks - OME S.S - Stilens Front & Rear

Coming Soon :
Level10 Stage 3 46RE - WJ knuckle conversion
Saleen4971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2004, 09:12 AM   #3
MikeRuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saleen4971
did you try disconnecting the IAC connector, adn starting it? waht then? (the IAC is the one that you cleaned, i think)
I postec on a different subject about idle, but disconnect the battery for 1 hour, then reconnect and drive the car a few miles. Should come back to normal.
MikeRuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2004, 02:40 PM   #4
KyleM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choff
Recently I replaced the O2 sensor on it, and cleaned a sensor in the throttle body (held in by two torx screws, had a black rod with a silver tip on it, not sure what it was, but it was nasty). Since I did that, it's been idling at 1700 rpm! Needless to say, this is damn hard on the tranny when putting it into gear.

Any ideas as to what could be causing this? It was running way rich with the old O2 sensor and was idling about 1500.

Thanks
CHris
Sounds like the IAC (the part you cleaned) is stuck and/or dead.
KyleM is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.