8.8 pinion angle(i know) - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 8.8 pinion angle(i know)

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Flush Mount LED Bumper Lights, CREE

Unread 07-05-2013, 02:22 PM   #31
JohnnyZJ
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Oh. That doesn't help.

The IRO instructions tell you where to weld based on degrees off the pinion. Literally took me an hour to line it up and my buddy burnt it in. Bolted right up.

And yes it will vary depending if you run an SYE or regular shaft. But again you should be able to adjust it enough to work. Sounds like this truss is a pain lol I didn't have any of these issues. Maybe I just got lucky I'm to dumb to realize it could have been an issue lol

RIP 95 ZJ ~ 33s built/longarmed/locked/awesome Feb 2014 ZJOTM winner
JohnnyZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2013, 03:17 PM   #32
Kreeper
1994 ZJ 

Actually the truss is very simple,my only issue was figguring out the pinion angle,it was more of a question than anything.they are not very clear on pinion angles.

image-922766188.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Kreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2013, 05:31 PM   #33
speedbucket
1993 ZJ 

Here's my take. I haven't read the last two pages but I'm in the same boatim doing a double triangulated rear and I plan on setting my truss and coil buckets half way in between the 2 joint pinion angle and the double cardan angle. This way I'm not dealing with banana shaped coils and goofy angles. Also I spoke with a friend that has had troubles with advance adapters QC and recommened against their sye kit

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.