70AMP relay for electric fan conversion!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 70AMP relay for electric fan conversion!!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 08-20-2012, 11:50 AM   #1
Roberthhhhh
1995 ZJ 

70AMP relay for electric fan conversion!!

I'm doing a fan conversion in my 95 5.2, and thought I would share some useful information with you guys! Everybody has stated that when you run the Taurus fan you have to have at least a 70amp relay for the high side due to the start up spike. This didnt make any since to me because in the taurus the fan only uses a 30amp low and hi. anyways here at my job we were getting ready to send a 99-06 crown vic (police car) to the junk yard and on the pass side there is a nice looking box that contains 2 relays. upon research i found that 1 is a 30amp 5 pin relay (for the low speed) and the other is a 70amp 4 pin relay (for the high speed) I got it for FREE!!! anyways guys I thought I would share this with you that are doing the swap as well so you can grab if from the junk yard when you try to get your fan and not have to pay $80 bucks at napa for one.
GOOD WHEELING GUYS

Roberthhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2012, 05:10 PM   #2
sskilla

1995 ZJ 

rock on
'95 ZJ: 5.2 v8 / 249 > 242 > 231 Tcase swap / 46RH / 3.5" IRO + 1.5" pucks / IRO Adj Front Lower CA's / IRO Double Shear Adj Track Bar / 33" BFG KM2's / JKS Quicker Disco's / IRO rear end links / Kegger Mod / Super 44 Flowmaster / Novak Cable Shifter / Kevins Radiator Support / JKS Bar pin eliminators / Yukon Chromoly Rear Axles / IRO SS Brake Lines / Stillen cross-drilled rotors / Flowcooler water pump

It's got guts. Jeep guts. Jeep, the toughest four letter word on wheels. F@#% Yeah.

R.I.P. 2000 TJ
R.I.P. '95 YJ

sskilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2012, 05:45 PM   #3
96zedjay
1996 ZJ 

http://www.waytekwire.com/products/1...rs/&NO-Amp=70A
96zedjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2012, 12:59 AM   #4
Roberthhhhh
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96zedjay View Post
Awesome website but crown vics are all over the junk yard and this will be an easy and cheap find
Roberthhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2012, 04:08 AM   #5
96zedjay
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberthhhhh View Post
Awesome website but crown vics are all over the junk yard and this will be an easy and cheap find
Just posted the site in case anyone was interested... Good source for electrical supplies..... Relays are cheap if you buy them right.

Good info on the Crowns.
96zedjay is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric cooling fan , electric fan , overheating , relays , taurus fan

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.