5.9l v8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 5.9l v8

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 03-20-2002, 01:48 AM   #1
zaffy

5.9l v8

i dint know where to post this so i posted it here and in engines.
my 1st post! anyway, i am considering buying a 1998 grand cherokee 5.9 liter for 7k dollars. the reason that it is so cheap is b/c it has 120000 miles on it. my question is, how much would it cost to rebuild this engine? what else should i look out for when buying a car with such high mileage? do u guys think it is worth it?

zaffy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2002, 12:41 PM   #2
gifargis

lets put it this way
I just bought my 5.9L last night for 12k
and it had 83k miles. The engine was spotless and the undercarriage and components were clean... and not because they cleaned the Jeep.. I guess the person who owned the Jeep drove a lot of highway miles..
what I am trying to say is that if you really want it and know how long you want to keep it, with the right price... don't worry about the miles rather look at the components.. thats the pricey stuff...
Unread 03-26-2002, 08:32 PM   #3
eliot24

Mileage doesn't matter today as it used to. As Gifargis said, the componets are the thing to look at. That high of mileage means it has had heavy highway driving. Highway mileage is much better and much easier on the vehicle then in town stop go driving. I have a 94 cherokee with 185000 miles on it. It was used as a comuter from Lima Oh. to Columbus Oh. and had 139000 when I bought it three years ago. The only major expence I have had on it has been four new tires. I would jump at a chance to get a 98 5.9 for 7 grand.
eliot24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.