5.9L Rear and front Diff Fluids? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 5.9L Rear and front Diff Fluids?

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 03-25-2002, 09:48 AM   #1
gifargis

5.9L Rear and front Diff Fluids?

Ok
so I would like to swap out fluids for the Front and rear diff.. I want to use Mobil 1 synthetic. and the owners manual asks for synthetic and a additive for trac loc.
First how do I know if I have trac-loc?
Second what in the world is the additive?
I do have the 5.9L with Quadra-drive...

Another question, is what are the paddles on the back of the steering wheel for? the stereo? if so I guess mine does not work.. I do have the infinity stereo but the radio looks like its the standard tuner.(i.e no eq or cd )

Unread 03-25-2002, 10:46 PM   #2
ptcpa

the 'paddles' on the back of the steering wheel are in fact for the stereo. the right side controls the volume and the left controls the tuner presents/search and cd track if equipped with a cd player.

if you have a 5.9 and no cd player my initial thoughts are that the 'paddles' don't work because the stereo unit is not the factory unit.....just a thought....
ptcpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2002, 07:23 AM   #3
colglfr

I cannnot give much info about the fluids but the stero unit I can. I had the same issue as you do. I bought my 5.9 used and the owner took out the infinity radio and replaced it with a filler Mopar radio. What I did was purchase a new radio and I got a Pioneer DEH-P77DH. This radio allows for a changer but it is also a 1.5 Din which is the same size as the Factory radio. This Radio also has a infrared remote (important feature). There is a part you can get from Pacific Accessory Corp (www.go2pac.com) that allows you to hook up a device that will take the signal from the steering controls and transmit them infrared. So it makes the controls functional again. I also got a wiring kit and I installed this in about half a day.

Good Luck

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.