5.9 Electric Fan Set Up on 5.2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 5.9 Electric Fan Set Up on 5.2

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep seats at Jeephut.comEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 02-28-2015, 07:15 PM   #1
NewTo98JeepGC
1998 ZJ 

5.9 Electric Fan Set Up on 5.2

I was about to put a Mark VIII fan my ZJ and I find a 5.9 LTD with electric fan and sensors at upper and lower radiator hoses. I took the harness and fan altogether.

Wondering how to connect the harness to my 5.2L. Or only the fan is useful?

NewTo98JeepGC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-28-2015, 07:16 PM   #2
kg6mov
Hears the voices

1996 ZJ 

The fan is great, I would recommend not using the niner wiring though.

Here's mine, niner fan and shroud, not niner wiring.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/n...2/index12.html

"Whats wrong with a PT Cruiser?"
"Coulda had a V8!"

96 build thread

Niner build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas ZJ1 View Post
I heard someone yell "mall crawler" from the back porch. I'll go see who said that. Be right back.
kg6mov is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2015, 07:55 PM   #3
NewTo98JeepGC
1998 ZJ 

Yep. The one I got is exactly like that, with flaps.

So the harness are not compatible to regular ZJ wiring?
NewTo98JeepGC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2015, 08:08 PM   #4
kg6mov
Hears the voices

1996 ZJ 

It's compatible, but not worth the effort IMO.

I looked at using the wiring from the niner when I did mine but the Volvo relay package and the BMW dual temp switch fit my needs better. If you have access to a JY niner for the AC hose with the two switches that would simplify the AC high speed override (I don't have one) and make it behave more like a stock efan.

In general I don't like the two temp switch housings, the way the ignition interlock works, or the ac pressure switch for high speed override. The relays are beefy and work well, but the volvo package was more to my liking.

"Whats wrong with a PT Cruiser?"
"Coulda had a V8!"

96 build thread

Niner build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas ZJ1 View Post
I heard someone yell "mall crawler" from the back porch. I'll go see who said that. Be right back.
kg6mov is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Yesterday, 07:22 AM   #5
Maine1994ZJ
1993 ZJ 

I used a Niner fan, a PDC I scavenged from the JY to hold the parts store relays I bought, and a BMW 2 stage thermo switch.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.