JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/)
-   -   5.9 A/C hose help... (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/5-9-c-hose-help-1551747/)

congerz83 07-21-2013 11:50 AM

5.9 A/C hose help...

1 Attachment(s)
Can everyone see the difference? Where can I get the right one? Is this another 5.9 "one-off" part?

dusterdude 07-21-2013 04:14 PM

Do you need the hose or the switch?

congerz83 07-21-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dusterdude (Post 15702230)
Do you need the hose or the switch?

Just the hose with the two fittings...

dusterdude 07-21-2013 05:47 PM

I must say,thats strange,what minor looking i did,couldnt find it either.you can have one made at your local ac supply place

congerz83 07-21-2013 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dusterdude (Post 15702590)
I must say,thats strange,what minor looking i did,couldnt find it either.you can have one made at your local ac supply place

I've learned it has to do with the STUPID ELECTRIC FANS... HATE THOSE THINGS!!

Timo_90xj 07-22-2013 01:49 AM

The second pressure switch on the 5.9s is for the e-fan slow speed control; basically to keep enough airflow go through the A/C condenser when idling/ slow traffic. Only the 5.9s have this, the hard line should be available but can be a bit of a pain to find.

E-fan is not stupid, it's a way better system compared to viscous fan IMO. The problem is, the electric motor will eventually fail (as will a viscous fan, as does our viuscous couplings in the TC as well :D ). If you have problems with the e-fan, there are write-ups on what motor and wire harness you need to replace your OEM motor with. Total cost to fix the e-fan is well under 100$.

congerz83 07-22-2013 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timo_90xj
The second pressure switch on the 5.9s is for the e-fan slow speed control; basically to keep enough airflow go through the A/C condenser when idling/ slow traffic. Only the 5.9s have this, the hard line should be available but can be a bit of a pain to find.

E-fan is not stupid, it's a way better system compared to viscous fan IMO. The problem is, the electric motor will eventually fail (as will a viscous fan, as does our viuscous couplings in the TC as well :D ). If you have problems with the e-fan, there are write-ups on what motor and wire harness you need to replace your OEM motor with. Total cost to fix the e-fan is well under 100$.

I should rephrase that. My biggest hatred is not for the fans, but for the inline coolant sensors that are unique to the 5.9 and nearly impossible to find. The fan motor doesn't bother me much.... It failed already and was easily replaced with a motor from a ford Taurus. Availability is key.

Timo_90xj 07-22-2013 06:10 AM

Fan motor and the pigtail for it are easy to find, as you have found out.

IIRC the following sensors are a direct swap (including connector type) for the 5.9 upper radiator hose:
* Napa ECH TS4015
* Autozone SU109

They may have a slightly different temp ratings for switch closed/ open, but they are within a couple of degrees of the OEM ratings so no issues there.

The time now is 08:22 PM.