5.2L Overheating on stop and go traffic. - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 5.2L Overheating on stop and go traffic.

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 09-09-2009, 06:06 PM   #16
BayjiRaider
1997 ZJ 

FINALLY!!! We found the problem!!! The radiator that I bought from Western Auto is one row only!!!, Mine (V-8) should be at least two rows! They don't want to exchange it! Nuts!!! I'm going with a three row rad now and the factory 195 degree t-stat , any suggestion my jeeper partners??? Different radiator?, t-stat?

BayjiRaider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2009, 06:10 PM   #17
elmer_fud
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayjiRaider View Post
FINALLY!!! We found the problem!!! The radiator that I bought from Western Auto is one row only!!!, Mine (V-8) should be at least two rows! They don't want to exchange it! Nuts!!! I'm going with a three row rad now and the factory 195 degree t-stat , any suggestion my jeeper partners??? Different radiator?, t-stat?
I think the factory radiator was one row.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedycat View Post
I am not one to be changing lanes at 70 mph on a lifted truck on 33's, but since I am in Miami, I have to be prepared for the continuous influx of new drivers whose previous ride was a bicycle with wooden wheels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPKites View Post
badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, Mushroom!!! :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeJay1997 View Post
Or just tie a 12 lb fish to a one foot pipe.
elmer_fud is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2009, 06:12 PM   #18
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigE3 View Post
i beg to differ sir. if the system is overcharged the condensor wont be able to change the gas into a liquid when it cools because there is too much. and it wont be able to disburst that heat efficiantly. Sorry but I already been thru this problem. I had 80-100psi flux on the high and 40psi on the low. should be 20psi low and flux 60-80 on high. And the dash cooling went from 48 to 38 degrees.
So my A/C that is charged to factory spec is wrong? Despite the fact its ice cold and I dont overheat? Interesting.
WhiteOut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2009, 06:31 PM   #19
rugermack
1995 ZJ 

If it still runs hot, some vents in the hood might help.
95' Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, 148k, 5.2, NP242, 46RH, 4" RC lift, all new adjustable ca's(2 IRO front uppers and the rest RC adjustables), nitro shocks, JKS TB's, Jet Chip, Dynamax cat back, Magnaflow cat, GTP hood vents. 31" Pro Comps with Rock Krawler "D"s. Westin brush/grill guard with Hella 500s, 411's, Solid diff covers, detroit locker rear, power lock in front, SYE and Tom Wood's front/rear shafts, RE discos, BPE's, d-rings front and back, factory tc and rad skid, hitch, Sliders next.
03' Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, (wifes Jeep) 99k, 4.7 5 speed auto, K&N, KYB shocks, drilled-slotted rotors, All the toys.
2000' Ford Superduty, F250, 7.3, 198K, 37's, too much to list.

Built Not Bought #257

Parts for sale d30 and d35 parts http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f126/...-parts-1004499
rugermack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2009, 06:44 PM   #20
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraser_Brown View Post
So my A/C that is charged to factory spec is wrong? Despite the fact its ice cold and I dont overheat? Interesting.
i wouldn't pay much attention to that guy.

the stock rad is only one row.

ratmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2011, 06:47 AM   #21
tylersjeep
1994 ZJ 

help my jeep is over heating

I replaced the thermostat flushed the system, checked the spark plug, water pumps not leaking, I my heats not working anymore it just blows cold air, my car over heating 230F i'm getting bubbling and a boiling sound in my over full tank and its shooting up everywhere, i also put a new radiator in 8 months ago, I just order and new water pump and fan clutch....i'm just spending spending spending and it not fixing the problem, now i lost my heat wtf going on.
tylersjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2011, 02:37 PM   #22
soopaghetto
1993 ZJ 

this may sound like a real obvious question but how important is a complete shroud?

I just realize im missing the bottom half of mine (looks chopped off). still pulls a lot of hot air, though im guessing while in traffic, not a lot is going through the radiator but being pulled from the bottom opening?
soopaghetto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2011, 09:24 PM   #23
tylersjeep
1994 ZJ 

no one responds

its a waste of time to post stuff because the last three post i left on different forums no one responded to anything i said, its not a very helpful forum i had call a dealership to get info, and i fix my overheating problem...i hired a jack assss to put a thermostat in and he ****ed it up, i ended up fixing it myself, the guy drained out all the coolant and flushed it with a hose, and guess what he did not do and told me it was fine.......bleed the system when he was done so it keeped overheating and shooting up coolant everywhere. he was a jerk and shut off his phone because i said WTF did you do.
tylersjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2011, 09:34 PM   #24
Dodgeram1989
1976 FSJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylersjeep
its a waste of time to post stuff because the last three post i left on different forums no one responded to anything i said, its not a very helpful forum i had call a dealership to get info, and i fix my overheating problem...i hired a jack assss to put a thermostat in and he ****ed it up, i ended up fixing it myself, the guy drained out all the coolant and flushed it with a hose, and guess what he did not do and told me it was fine.......bleed the system when he was done so it keeped overheating and shooting up coolant everywhere. he was a jerk and shut off his phone because i said WTF did you do.
Periods help. Kind of hard to read.
Dodgeram1989 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2011, 10:09 PM   #25
blackjack12982
Web Wheeler

1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylersjeep View Post
I replaced the thermostat flushed the system, checked the spark plug, water pumps not leaking, I my heats not working anymore it just blows cold air, my car over heating 230F i'm getting bubbling and a boiling sound in my over full tank and its shooting up everywhere, i also put a new radiator in 8 months ago, I just order and new water pump and fan clutch....i'm just spending spending spending and it not fixing the problem, now i lost my heat wtf going on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by soopaghetto View Post
this may sound like a real obvious question but how important is a complete shroud?

I just realize im missing the bottom half of mine (looks chopped off). still pulls a lot of hot air, though im guessing while in traffic, not a lot is going through the radiator but being pulled from the bottom opening?
Both of you posted questions in a 2 year old thread. If you want actual results, make your own thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgeram1989 View Post
Periods help. Kind of hard to read.
Definitely x2!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f130/...ights-2342649/
blackjack12982 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2011, 11:28 PM   #26
soopaghetto
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjack12982 View Post
Both of you posted questions in a 2 year old thread. If you want actual results, make your own thread.

Definitely x2!
lol
soopaghetto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.