5.2l gasket question... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 5.2l gasket question...

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 06-28-2014, 11:21 AM   #1
ozzy_2_me
1994 ZJ 

5.2l gasket question...

Hey gals and guys.

I am doing the plenum pan gasket on my 5.2l and before I start the job I want to make shure I have EVERYTHING.

I noticed some guys are using rubber seals for the front and back for the intake to engine block. does anybody have a part number or know were I can get these?

I did try searching and all I can find are the cork ones.
thanks,
-Kevin

ozzy_2_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2014, 11:45 AM   #2
kg6mov
Hears the voices

1996 ZJ 

This fel-pro kit has the rubber ones. Used them on both my jeeps and has worked perfectly: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/k...l#post19732865

"Whats wrong with a PT Cruiser?"
"Coulda had a V8!"

96 build thread

Niner build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas ZJ1 View Post
I heard someone yell "mall crawler" from the back porch. I'll go see who said that. Be right back.
kg6mov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2014, 07:50 PM   #3
ozzy_2_me
1994 ZJ 

hey Man I am Sorry for the late reply I got major side tracked. I want to personally thank you for your help. that is he one I was looking for. the end seals in this kit are a lot better then the cork ones that come in the '94 zj 5.2l kit. I started this job at about 10am on the July 3rd. I wanted to make sure I had everything I needed so I would have to make that one trip for the one thing I needed to finish the job. and I ended up finishing right around 10.30pm the same day. I unfortunately had to deal with a stubborn EGR tube. Thank you once again.
-Kevin R. O'Connor
ozzy_2_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2014, 07:55 PM   #4
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

I used a real thick bead of "Right Stuff" RTV in place of the rubber gaskets over 3 years ago.
If you are not careful re installing the intake, those end gaskets will shift and you will have to do it all over again.
PolkaPower is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.