5.2 will crank but wont turn over - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 5.2 will crank but wont turn over

2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 07-30-2009, 01:52 PM   #1
95ZJL
1995 ZJ 

5.2 will crank but wont turn over

plain and simple, i went through about a foot of water at a local offroad area. i have 2 inch spacers and 31's so it was not a problem, however though, as i came to the end of the trail, i turned right and then my jeep died. i thought it was hydrolocked, so i removed all plugs and got some moisture out of the cylinders, then i recharged the battery and checked the air filter and fuel pressure, and still no start. someone help!! also! im not sure if its necessary but i dont think my cap and rotor could have possibly gotten wet.

2" Doestch 3000 Shocks
31x10.5 BFG All-Terrain's
KOR Radiator Support
95ZJL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2009, 03:28 PM   #2
newfieZJ
Jeep Collector

1995 ZJ 

check your fuses and relays , check the spark , the coil and then your CPS .
newfieZJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.