4x4 problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 4x4 problem

Artec Flash Sale - 15% off and Free Shipping over $300Rugged Ridge Bumpers, Winches, Performance from CCOR!JK Front Axle Truss

Unread 11-24-2003, 08:22 PM   #1
GreenZJ93

4x4 problem

I have a 93 ZJ with a 5in Pro Comp lift and when my 4wheel partime is engaged and my tranny is in reverse my jeep stalls almost immediatley after I release the brake or when I go to give it some throttle. Since the lift install I havent lowered the T-case and it is pretty sticky going into 4-Lo(grinding and what not) as well. I was wondering if my driveshaft angles are too severe even though visibly they dont look bad. Also my U-joints are fairly new and I get a nice clank after I put the tranny in reverse or drive and step on the throttle, I was wondering if this could be T-case related as well. If anyone could help me out, thanks in advance.

GreenZJ93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2003, 10:21 PM   #2
Swamp Boy
1993 ZJ 

ONly thing I can help you with is that when you shift from 4 hi to 4lo you need to be rolling about 2 or so MPH and put your gear shift in N and then quickly jerk it into 4 lo .. Do the same when shifting back slow roll shove it into 4 hi..

Mine makes some noise once in a while because the bump stop thingy drags on the coils..

Good luck with the other stuff..
Hope the shift info helps..
Carl
Unread 11-27-2003, 11:13 AM   #3
GreenZJ93

Yes that is How I engage my 4-lo and there is some nasty grinding still. Im stumped on this stalling problem and have been looking for my mechanic but everytime I try to find the bastard hes got an 'out to lunch' sign on his god damn door! I guess the only way to resolve this is to hunt him down!
GreenZJ93 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.