46rh behind a 4.0l - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 46rh behind a 4.0l

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wSpartan Locker 1 day sale This Friday only!

Unread 10-01-2009, 01:28 PM   #1
LordHobbit
1993 ZJ 

46rh behind a 4.0l

Will a 46rh fit behind a 4.0l? Reason I ask is making plans for a stroker, and wondering if the tranny should be upgraded.

Isn't red the only color a vehicle should be?
If at first you don't succeed, use more speed.
LordHobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2009, 01:36 PM   #2
cmonson

no
char char
cmonson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2009, 08:15 PM   #3
the88thpianoman
2003 WJ 

You can rebuild and upgrade the 42RE. A shift kit and a good oil pump go a long way. I've also heard that it can be rebuilt with the more reliable 44RE internals, but don't know this personally.
2003 WJ in Jeep Green Metallic, 4.0/242/4.10's. 4" Teraflex springs w/ RE monotube shocks and IRO short arms, cheap intake w/ amsoil filter, 2.5" hi flow cat and back exhaust, lots of lights and other misc crap.

Check out my build thread here: Life lessons and budget build
the88thpianoman is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.