46re band adjustment and ?'s - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 46re band adjustment and ?'s

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 05-15-2009, 09:46 PM   #1
ZJcrawler45
1998 ZJ 

46re band adjustment and ?'s

I'm going to be dropping the pan on the 5.9 46re tomorrow to replace the filter, fluid, and adjust the bands. For the most part everything is fine but it sometimes shifts a bit hard most noticably in second. What are the specs for adjusting the bands? Are there just 2 located in the pan or is there 1 on top like the 42re? I've seen this but am not sure if it's accurate http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...00#post2765400

-is it completely necessary to use an in/lb wrench, or can i get away with a ft/lb?
-Anybody know the torque on the filter?
- I need to get a new service manual which is best?>

Unread 05-16-2009, 09:13 PM   #2
ZJcrawler45
1998 ZJ 

Unread 10-05-2009, 02:41 PM   #3
x2nervisx
1997 ZJ 

Did you ever figure this out? I plan on adjusting the tranny on my 5.9 as well.
x2nervisx is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.