4.7 WJ 15lbs of fuel pressure...??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 4.7 WJ 15lbs of fuel pressure...???

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHut

Unread 08-31-2009, 06:44 PM   #1
cblades83

4.7 WJ 15lbs of fuel pressure...???

What would cause this, I have been lurking around and reading all the post on related problems but still no answers. I dropped the tank and installed and new fuel pump assembly yesterday. Still low pressure while running then after i shut off the engine and the pressure drops fast. She has a rough idle but the seems to clear out, but I have to ease the pedal to rev to higher rpms, just cant go to WOT. Any ideas? Thanks!

cblades83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-31-2009, 06:46 PM   #2
dougy147
2007 JK Wrangler 

Have you changed the fuel filter? I believe the pressure regulator is integrated with the filter in the WJs.
08 WK Laredo 4.7 (traded for tin can)
The Present
07 JK Unlimited Sahara
dougy147 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-31-2009, 06:52 PM   #3
UrbanOffRoad124
2002 WJ 

Yep, the pressure regulator is part of the filter. That might be your problem. Change that filter / regulator.

'02 WJ | 4.7HO | Limited | QDII | 3.5" Lift (BB+OME Springs) | JKS TB | JKS Quick Disco's | JKS BPE's | RC Nitro 9000's | Rusty's SS | K&N FIPK | 40 Series Delta | Cat-Delete |

Coming soon: 31" KM2's | 15x8 Cragar V-5's

Nightcrew #236 | Blue Jeep Club #232

"those who do, can't explain; those who don't, can't understand"
UrbanOffRoad124 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-31-2009, 07:00 PM   #4
cblades83

I give that a shot
Unread 08-31-2009, 07:47 PM   #5
redwolf698
2004 WJ 

I agree with these guys, fuel filter is the likely culprit. If that's not it, check for restrictions in the lines, kinks, bends, etc.
Boat Drinks OffRoad Co-Founder
redwolf698 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-31-2009, 08:16 PM   #6
cblades83

thanks guys for the help, try to see what happen's and keep yall updated
Unread 05-24-2013, 05:20 PM   #7
corymonster
2002 WJ 

what ever happened here? im in the same boat, but I changed my filter about a year ago, and i just put in a new pump. long crank to start, and rough idle. bad gas mileage. wont accelerate properly

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.