4.0 tear down w/pics and questions - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 4.0 tear down w/pics and questions

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 07-07-2013, 05:38 PM   #61
ZeeJay1997
1997 ZJ 

oh, good. most online businesses will accept returns but you pay shipping. they should have a return policy posted somewhere.

ZeeJay1997 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2013, 05:41 PM   #62
JBrady5555
1997 ZJ 

yea i found it on the website, I have to call them tomorrow for a return order number. Then I can send it back. The box had a ripped up corner on it, I'm gonna have to use a different box, just my luck they will probably give me a hard time about returning.
JBrady5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2013, 04:12 AM   #63
coralman
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

They were very helpful when I got mine. I returned 2or 3 before I got one that was flat to my liking. Guy was a little miffed, but I told him to put a straight edge and see for himself. I have yet to attempt putting it on but its not looking good. Knowing me I will just get the other style too and have both at the ready so there will be no hiccups when I start. I seem to remember something on the install sheet for the apn about having to remove the motor mount brackett to install on some zjs.
Unread 07-08-2013, 02:54 PM   #64
JBrady5555
1997 ZJ 

Motor mount wasn't a issue with mine, just the two outer exhaust pipes. I called apn this morning and they were nice. They are sending me a shipping label and fedex is supposed to come pick up the package from my house. I just finished trying to put on the new dorman manifold and I actually had to dremmel out some trash from when they made the bolt holes. Fit seemed ok after cleaning the holes but I won't know for sure until I get the intake on also.
Unread 07-08-2013, 03:26 PM   #65
ZeeJay1997
1997 ZJ 

i had to deburr the exhaust flange before the doughnut would go on.
ZeeJay1997 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2013, 04:03 PM   #66
JBrady5555
1997 ZJ 

my doughnut was really tight going on too, took a few taps with the handle of a screwdriver to get it on.
Unread 07-08-2013, 10:27 PM   #67
Uniblurb
Web Wheeler

1996 ZJ 

Believe with both Zee and I we had a little problem with the Dorman where it positioned the down/front pipe real close to the oil pan. I ended up putting about a 3/8" board between the oil pan and pipe while then tightening the flange bolts down tight.

Also if you end up with a vacuum leak try checking the rubber grommet on the front of the brake booster if you swung the hose out of the way towards the drivers side. Believe we both ended up putting some RTV on that leaking grommet where it meets the metal.

-Stalling ZJ? 12 things to check before replacing a sensor; the Dirty Dozen
-Crankshaft position sensor multimeter test. & video of testing.
Uniblurb is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.