4.0 start issue - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 4.0 start issue

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 06-10-2014, 03:26 PM   #1
Alexandru999
1997 ZJ 

4.0 start issue

Hey guys

recently im having problems, the 4.0 will start slow

battery is a 2 y old heavy duty mopar, and the alternator works ( i checked both) battery has over 12.6V engine off, and 13.6 stable engine on

battery is clean, and the connectors have 0 dirt and such

its like a "ium, iummmmmm, vrummmmm" , no "foreign" sound to indicate a starter problem, although its not excluded

thing is, my jeep always had a DECENT start, and starting it right up after a shot drive was a PERFECT start ... now its the opposite, if i drive, and start 20-30 min after, its even slower

it kinda started doing this after i cable boosted my uncles jeep liberty .. idk if related or not

any suggestions ? thanks

Alexandru999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2014, 04:22 PM   #2
dusterdude
1996 ZJ 

Are you sure the fuel system isnt bleeding down on you?
dusterdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2014, 04:49 PM   #3
Alexandru999
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusterdude View Post
Are you sure the fuel system isnt bleeding down on you?
dont think so, no scent, no leaks, it runs great, just the start
Unread 06-10-2014, 06:55 PM   #4
zj97ltd
1993 ZJ 

I'd put a load tester on that battery to rule it out, especially if you started having problems after jumping someone else. My old '97 ZJ couldn't get more than about 2 years out of a battery.
zj97ltd is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2014, 07:35 PM   #5
Alexandru999
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zj97ltd View Post
I'd put a load tester on that battery to rule it out, especially if you started having problems after jumping someone else. My old '97 ZJ couldn't get more than about 2 years out of a battery.
my last battery was for 7 years, a 2 y old heavy duty mopar done? but will do, thanks, pfff headaches

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.