4.0 I6 Maintenance - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 4.0 I6 Maintenance

15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4

Unread 10-04-2008, 07:56 PM   #1
amargill19
2001 WJ 

4.0 I6 Maintenance

Hey guys,

the girlfriend's jeep is comin' up on about 135,000 kilometers.... (2001 WJ jeep w/ 4.0L and selec-track 4wd)

I do not know the service history of this vehicle, we've had it since about 120,000km

So far I've done a couple oil changes and the front brakes/rotors (i noticed the calipers were the upgraded akebono ones)

Some of the things I'm going to check when i do an oil change and flush/replace if required:

Front/Rear diff fluid (will probably replace rear diff fluid)

Trans fluid, T-case fluid (probably will flush trans fluid)

Power steering fluid (makes some noise, will flush)

brake fluid is ok.

I'm sure the coolant is fine for a while longer

grease the two areas on the front suspension

Is there a plug for a certain cylinder that gets dirtier/worse than the rest? Not sure if/when spark plugs were done, so I want to pull one or two and check them. It's been a while since I've poked my head under the hood, but, is this a coil on plug setup? Easy to do the plugs ? (most inline engines are)

And lastly, There would appear to be a bit of an oil sweat from the pan? Although it doesn't leak much to see it on the ground (and I'm not adding any) I noticed the rubber grommets on the valve cover (PCV system??) have a bit of oil residue around them, are there kits to clean/replace the crankcase breather?

sorry 'bout the long post. Thanks for the help in advance!

amargill19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2008, 08:00 PM   #2
amargill19
2001 WJ 

also threw a CEL earlier today, the girlfriend says.

It has thrown a few CEL's before, but they go away. I plugged the modus in one time and it said "EVAP VERY MINOR LEAK" etc but it has always gone away shortly after...

I will try and get my hands on a code reader to check it.

Anyone know a good place online to buy a new rear driver's side taillight assembly?
Unread 10-05-2008, 02:59 AM   #3
amargill19
2001 WJ 

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.