33's on stock wheels? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 33's on stock wheels?

ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.c

Unread 10-28-2013, 01:29 AM   #1
97ZJ_FOORx4
1997 ZJ 

So my buddy says he's got some all terrains 33x12.5x15 he'll sell to me.I just have the stock steel wheels with whatever backspacing came stock. I was wondering if I could run them? or should I look at wheels with better backspacing.because I'll prolly run them until I can save up for some nice wheels/ tires. Which will be like a couple weeks to a month.

Edit:
Won't my sidewalls be effected?

97ZJ_FOORx4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-28-2013, 05:48 AM   #2
newfieZJ
1995 ZJ 

Min. requirement for that tire is a 8" wide rim , stock is 7" . It will take the tire but leave your tread rounded , wearing out the middle first . That would be the least of my concerns . IIRC , you got the IRO premium 4.5 lift . With this tire combo your suggesting , you will get some major rubbing on the control arms due to lack of off-set , rub the rear inner fender , and most likely the front bumper too . Mine had 9.5x33x15's on the stock wheels when I bought it , I ran into all 3 issues . New wheels , and all I needed was a bumper trim and the rear inner fender pinch seam flattened out with a hammer
newfieZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-28-2013, 08:41 AM   #3
tucsonzj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

can you fit them yes. is it the proper set up. no. Should get new rims with proper BS, 4 IIRC. Or order wheel spacers from spidertrax or Rough Country.
Unread 10-28-2013, 10:25 AM   #4
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

They will fit. I ran 33's on stock 95 limited rims for a couple years. You will need spacers or they will rub.
PolkaPower is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-29-2013, 01:25 AM   #5
97ZJ_FOORx4
1997 ZJ 

Sounds like I should find some wheels with the correct backspacing before I put them on. I think 15x10's with 4 inch backspacing should be good.
Unread 10-29-2013, 05:05 AM   #6
newfieZJ
1995 ZJ 

15x8 4" backspacing
newfieZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-29-2013, 09:40 AM   #7
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

10" are too wide. The tire maybe 12.50 at the tread but it gets skinnier at the bead.
PolkaPower is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-29-2013, 11:25 PM   #8
97ZJ_FOORx4
1997 ZJ 

I found some 4x eagle alloy 15x8's with 5x4.5 lug pattern on craigslist for 175 or best, said they were for a ford ranger,but never installed. I'm just hoping he's still got em Friday when I get paid.
Unread 11-01-2013, 08:00 AM   #9
97ZJ_FOORx4
1997 ZJ 

3.5 in backspacing wouldnt work would it?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.