3"sus. + 1.75"spacers??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 3"sus. + 1.75"spacers???

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 03-11-2002, 09:43 PM   #1
motox77x

3"sus. + 1.75"spacers???

Hey everybody, I'm new to Jeep Forum and looking for a little advice. I've got a 96 ZJ and I'm looking to lift it. The Pro Comp 3" seems to be the most complete all around package. My queston is, will this be enough clearance to clear 31x10.50s on 15x8s or will I be looking at fender damage. If this isn't tall enough for the 31s, can I run 1.75" coil spacers on top of the 3" suspension w/o any problems??? Any help or experience with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Jeepers!!!

Unread 03-13-2002, 03:45 AM   #2
blah

please...do yourself a favor...steer clear of pro comp lifts. springs sag and shocks blow out within about a years' time. if you want a good complete lift go with rubicon express. their zj kits have everything you need. (rubiconexpress.com). a few things to think about....when you lift a zj over 4 inches, you will need some other modifications, such as: a slip yoke eliminator, and transfer case dropping bracket, as well as a CV drive shafts...about 6-9 hundred there..easily....plus a few odds and ends to get it to drive ok. r.e. 3.5 inch is where it's at. you can fit 31x10.5x15's with that kit. 3.5 inches for well under a grand, with shocks! enjoy your zj, that's what it is there for.
blah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2002, 09:24 PM   #3
titancc

I would agree with no pro comp, I have heard only bad things about it. But, to answer your question a guy in my town has one that has been on for 2 years, sagged some, and still fits 31's. He has had BFG AT KO and some Yokohoma MT, so I think most 31's will fit. I am in a simular boat, but I may want to put on 32's. I am debating between the Rubicon Express and Tera Flex s3w, and will probably get the Rubicon. Some run this kit with 32's and very minor rubbing, and I have never heard of a 31 not fitting with it. THe rubicon Express lift is listed for $649 on their site, but a guy from jeepsunlimited.com is a dealer or something and sells it for $599 plus $50 shipping. drop him an email at papromike@aol.com ( I think). THis kit is retty close in price to the pro comp, but included front sway bar disconnects and another .5 to 1 inches of lift and better quality too. Hope some of this helps,

John
titancc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2002, 10:06 PM   #4
mattvw65

I JUST DID IT NO PROBLEM'S SO FAR I HAVE A 96 WITH A TERAFLEX 3.25 AND THE DAYSTAR 1.75 SPACERS SO FAR STILL HAVE THE STOCK CONTROL ARMS {LOOKING FOR SOME} WHEN I GET SOME PICTURES I WILL POST THEM

PUT YOUR SEAT BELT ON I WANT TO TRY SOMETHING !!!!!
mattvw65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.