3 questions, help! 1994 ZJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 3 questions, help! 1994 ZJ

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 01-09-2005, 07:52 PM   #1
haywood

3 questions, help! 1994 ZJ

I have a 1994 ZJ that makes a popping noise that seems to come from the middle of the vehicle almost everytime I brake or accelerate hard. I was wondering what could be making this noise. How do I fix it

My second question is what could be making the carpet in the back of the car wet, and how could I fix it.

One more question. My steering wheel is always turned part way right when I am going straight. Is this my steering stabilizer? how do I fix.

haywood is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-09-2005, 08:01 PM   #2
Texas ZJ1
Jeep Jedi Master

1994 ZJ 

First question:

You could have a worn ujoint at the front or rear driveshaft.

Second:

quit scaring the pee out of people when you drive! Probably a clogged rain drain hole or a leak in the roof.

Third:

you can adjust the steering wheel but it is more complicated than I want to get into for me on here. I'd grab a Haynes or Chilton's manual and dive into it.

Hunter

94 5.9 Laredo 6.5 RE lift with 35 Maxxis Bighorns
and 33 Bridgestone Duelers
Detroit and true trac
Red Jeep Club Member
REDNECK JCM
Texas Jeep Owner #6
USN Jeep Club #4
http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/

For your performance needs:

kolak@kolakperformance.com
Texas ZJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-09-2005, 08:19 PM   #3
jeepholic

Third question:
Loosen the two 15 mm bolts on the draglink that goes from the pitman arm to the tie rod, it has a sleeve you can spin and center the steering wheel, make sure the jeep steering is unlocked. This will not affect alignment.

94 I6 ZJ at 4", 33's and front locker and 4.11 gears. Swampy Bypass.
[B]Black Jeep Club Member Ver. 2 #51[/B]
jeepholic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2005, 08:30 AM   #4
jeepholic

This is a pic of the draglink that is connected to the pIttman arm, you can see the 2 bolts that need to get loosened and then you spin the sleeve, with the wheel unlocked to center it.
center.jpg  

94 I6 ZJ at 4", 33's and front locker and 4.11 gears. Swampy Bypass.
[B]Black Jeep Club Member Ver. 2 #51[/B]
jeepholic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.