3 inch lift - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 3 inch lift

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBrand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!New Vendor - ARTEC Industries Battery Mounts

Unread 08-18-2013, 10:08 PM   #1
fletcherlefty
1994 ZJ 

3 inch lift

ok pretty new to forum so theres probably a answer to this question already i just don't know how to find it, so my question is i am thinking about putting a 3 inch lift on my 94 zj and was wondering which one would be the closest ride to factory as far as smoothness and what else would need to be done tranny drop, adjust. control arms ???? Thanks in advance for any help..

fletcherlefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2013, 09:47 PM   #2
fletcherlefty
1994 ZJ 

anybody? mainly talking spring kit and not a bb .. Or if anyone has a set of upcountry springs front and rear. Thanks.
fletcherlefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2013, 09:50 PM   #3
coltman151
1995 ZJ 

Look for 3.5. The best ride will come with long arm kits but that comes at a premium price tag.

Top left of the web page is a search bar. Key in what brand you're looking at with zj, and you'll find all the info you could want.
Unread 08-20-2013, 05:17 AM   #4
Texas ZJ1
Jeep Jedi Master

1994 ZJ 

Check out Iron Rock Offroad, Rubicon Express, or contact Kolak from my sig.

Hunter

94 5.9 Laredo 6.5 RE lift with 35 Maxxis Bighorns
and 33 Bridgestone Duelers
Detroit and true trac
Red Jeep Club Member
REDNECK JCM
Texas Jeep Owner #6
USN Jeep Club #4
http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/

For your performance needs:

kolak@kolakperformance.com
Texas ZJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2013, 06:54 AM   #5
PCsZJ
1996 ZJ 

I just put on an Iron Rock OffRoad 3.5 lift.

Rode rough. Changed out my front lower control arms with new ones from IRO and the ride smoothed out tremendously. Will be changing out the rest once I get more money up, in order to get a smoother ride.
PCsZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2013, 06:55 AM   #6
PCsZJ
1996 ZJ 

Double post.....stupid computer operator
PCsZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2013, 08:39 AM   #7
dougmorgan99
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCsZJ View Post
I just put on an Iron Rock OffRoad 3.5 lift.

Rode rough. Changed out my front lower control arms with new ones from IRO and the ride smoothed out tremendously. Will be changing out the rest once I get more money up, in order to get a smoother ride.
Just as PCsZJ said. I have the same lift and changed out the Rough Country Hydro shocks that came with it many moons back with Bilsteins. With the kit shocks it rode like a dump truck. There is a reason they are called "Rough" Country. Going to Bilsteins made things a lot better but still not close to what I would call a stock ride.... I just did my IRO fixed lower, adjustable upper front control arms and now I consider it as close to stock as it can be and rides tons better.
dougmorgan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2013, 09:02 AM   #8
brouwmat
Web Wheeler

2002 WJ 

The newer Rough Country 2.2 shocks are better than previous models. I have those on my WJ and the ride isn't bad.
brouwmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2013, 10:06 AM   #9
T-nave
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougmorgan99 View Post
Just as PCsZJ said. I have the same lift and changed out the Rough Country Hydro shocks that came with it many moons back with Bilsteins. With the kit shocks it rode like a dump truck. There is a reason they are called "Rough" Country. Going to Bilsteins made things a lot better but still not close to what I would call a stock ride.... I just did my IRO fixed lower, adjustable upper front control arms and now I consider it as close to stock as it can be and rides tons better.
X2. I have close to the same thing. Although after I put the arms on I had to lift it some more b/c the fixed lowers for the back didnt work with 3.5 lift. The upper control arm mount hit the track bar.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.