3" coil spacer? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 3" coil spacer?

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Advance Adapters SYE KitsRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 01-12-2014, 04:25 PM   #1
chiefjohnston
1996 ZJ 

3" coil spacer?

Is it necessary to relocate track bar with a 3" coil spacer BB?

chiefjohnston is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2014, 04:48 PM   #2
Sourlemon
1996 ZJ 

Yes otherwise your axles are not centered. 2" is the largest you can go without getting adjustable ones.
Unread 01-12-2014, 06:42 PM   #3
riot1987
1997 ZJ 

Location: In your attic, with the squirrels and wrapping paper
I drove around on 3" w/o them but, I wouldnt suggest it. Ideally you should have em at 3"

Build thread^^
riot1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2014, 09:30 PM   #4
JasonStebbins
1997 ZJ 

Most people don't go over a 2.25" spacer anyway. If you're going 3" or higher I would recommend springs. At that height you will need more parts anyway so you're better off getting a small lift kit or a regular sized budget boost.
JasonStebbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2014, 09:49 PM   #5
jeeepguy
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefjohnston View Post
Is it necessary to relocate track bar with a 3" coil spacer BB?
  1. Don't do a 3" BB... its a bad idea. Just because you can doesn't mean you should. Above 2", get a real lift
  2. You will need to have the axle recentered on any lift of that size or above and the only way to do that is via an adjustable trackbar
  3. Don't use relocation brackets on the rear trackbar. Another bad idea

"Great danger lies in the notion that we can reason with evil"
Doug Patton
Quote:
...We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. ...I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post...
Quote:
I bought the HI-WAY BLASTER HORN that's 139dB and every time I honk the horn an Angel dies.
Quote:
Revelation 13:16-18
16 - He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads,
17 - and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
18 - Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: (Real ID and RFID chips)
Think about it...
jeeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2014, 02:22 PM   #6
tucsonzj
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeepguy View Post

[*]Don't do a 3" BB... its a bad idea. Just because you can doesn't mean you should. Above 2", get a real lift
[*]You will need to have the axle recentered on any lift of that size or above and the only way to do that is via an adjustable trackbar
[*]Don't use relocation brackets on the rear trackbar. Another bad idea
These
Unread 01-15-2014, 01:31 PM   #7
Jeep_zj93
1994 ZJ 

its fine to run a rear track bar bracket as long as its the right one. Stay away from the ones that bolt to the rear axle, they are junk and rip off. If you do get one then get the style that bolts up to the unibody side and you will be fine, Iv run them for years with no problems.
Jeep_zj93 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.