3" Budget Lift - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 3" Budget Lift

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valuePremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 07-15-2013, 01:29 PM   #16
Oldfrog
Web Wheeler
1997 ZJ 

Dont feel alone. 95% of Americans are 2 months from being totally broke. I see it all the time. It's the savers who get to take advantage of buying opportunities. I once bought a boat load ( literally....it was docked in the Houston ship channel) of transistor radios for $10K because the guy couldnt pay for them. I flipped them for $18K and never had to touch them. The reason? I had the money saved ( I was about 24 years old at the time) and I kept my ear to the ground...as far as information goes.

P.S. Ask Dad what he wants for dinner....

Words of wisdom, Posted by Zeejay:
"..it's not air, it is the opposite of air... suckage so to speak."

Stalling? Work through Zeejay's list
Oldfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2013, 03:47 PM   #17
98ZJLTD
1998 ZJ 

Definitely save up the loot to do it right from the start. That was my plan from the start however having the lift sitting in the garage just waiting to be installed got the better of me and I went for it. Chasing death wobble issues is no fun especially when you are scraping the cash together just to get it lifted in the first place. If I were to do mine all over again I wouldn't even consider starting the project until I at the very least had the whole lift, new ball joints, new TRE's, and new CA busings if not upgrading to adjustable arms, and the extra cash to take it to a four wheel shop to get a proper alignment immediately after everything is installed. It sucks waiting, but enjoying your newly lifted jeep from day one is way better than fighting with it til its all done right.

My build thread- http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...hread-1557637/
98ZJLTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2013, 04:15 PM   #18
Jramos43
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98ZJLTD View Post
Definitely save up the loot to do it right from the start. That was my plan from the start however having the lift sitting in the garage just waiting to be installed got the better of me and I went for it. Chasing death wobble issues is no fun especially when you are scraping the cash together just to get it lifted in the first place. If I were to do mine all over again I wouldn't even consider starting the project until I at the very least had the whole lift, new ball joints, new TRE's, and new CA busings if not upgrading to adjustable arms, and the extra cash to take it to a four wheel shop to get a proper alignment immediately after everything is installed. It sucks waiting, but enjoying your newly lifted jeep from day one is way better than fighting with it til its all done right.
Yeah, I'm convinced now... It would be best to wait then.
Unread 07-15-2013, 04:34 PM   #19
Jramos43
1996 ZJ 

And well since everyone is telling me to do it right the first time, can someone direct me to the right lift? I don't know crap about them and I really don't know what the best one is. I don't want anything bigger than 3.5" for now. And I would also like to spend less than $1,000 ... Thanks.
Unread 07-15-2013, 04:57 PM   #20
98ZJLTD
1998 ZJ 

Check out the 3.5 inch kit from iron rock off road. Great entry level lift for a fair price. Includes all the suspension part you need for around $450-$500 if I remember correctly. All you will need after that are the steering components I mentiond before and a set of tires and you will be good to go.

My build thread- http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...hread-1557637/
98ZJLTD is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.