3.5" IRO lift kit - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 3.5" IRO lift kit

Ledlight bar light locks @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Don't forget the Jeep Forum discount, 10% off!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Reply
Unread 04-10-2013, 09:41 AM   #76
da_kid84
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: ogden, ut
Posts: 18
Mmm i have had good luck with their stuff in past.

da_kid84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2013, 03:18 PM   #77
jeepinbassist
Registered User
1995 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Murray, UT
Posts: 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by bananaslug View Post
Has anybody actually used this? It says that you have to have the RE rear trackbar drop bracket for it to work. Is this true?
jeepinbassist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2013, 04:13 PM   #78
PHARIS88
Member
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Fairview / Allen, TEXAS
Posts: 481
Ordered the IRO 3.5" foundation kid with adjustable front and rear trac bars, ordered NEW REAR springs/coils, also ordered new isolator pads, (planning on doubling up and putting the new ones on top of the originals.)

I'm kinda worried the NEW rear springs will be $99 wasted? I guess if the rear is WAY tall I'll double up on the isolator pads in front and just use one pair in the rear...

Guess I'll find out on Thursday when my kit comes in o.0
__________________
Anybody can be become an American, you have to be BORN TEXAN!

www.youtube.com/pharis88

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/1...hread-1507279/
PHARIS88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2013, 04:39 PM   #79
ejschultz
Web Wheeler
 
ejschultz's Avatar
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Crown Point, Indiana
Posts: 3,134
I've got my new rear springs from them in a box now. Let us know if they're progressive coils. They'll tell you they're V8 front springs.
__________________
97 ZJ - 5.2L, 242, 4" IRO lift w/short arms & adj. TBs, JKS Discos/BPEs, DT3000s, Aussie'd 44A, sliders, OEM skids/hooks/hitch, 31" Duratracs on 15x8s
14 JKU Sport S - Stock
Build
ejschultz is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2013, 07:06 AM   #80
1ATony
Vendor
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: mass
Posts: 4,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHARIS88 View Post
Ordered the IRO 3.5" foundation kid with adjustable front and rear trac bars, ordered NEW REAR springs/coils, also ordered new isolator pads, (planning on doubling up and putting the new ones on top of the originals.)

I'm kinda worried the NEW rear springs will be $99 wasted? I guess if the rear is WAY tall I'll double up on the isolator pads in front and just use one pair in the rear...

Guess I'll find out on Thursday when my kit comes in o.0
It's not wasted $$ Brian just did new IRO front and rears , his Jeep rides nice. I also ordered RE front and rear track bars, won't have my kit in until the summer. Still have to order the rest of it.

I'm not sure why you would need the drop bracket for the rear track bar. I called RE about it, and they told me on the rear the hiem joint attaches to the axle and the bushing part attaches to the mount, pretty much opposite of the front. They didn't mention that I needed the bracket though.
__________________

Click Here^^ For a Great Selection Of Auto Repair Parts
1ATony is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2013, 11:14 AM   #81
jeepinbassist
Registered User
1995 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Murray, UT
Posts: 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ATony View Post

It's not wasted $$ Brian just did new IRO front and rears , his Jeep rides nice. I also ordered RE front and rear track bars, won't have my kit in until the summer. Still have to order the rest of it.

I'm not sure why you would need the drop bracket for the rear track bar. I called RE about it, and they told me on the rear the hiem joint attaches to the axle and the bushing part attaches to the mount, pretty much opposite of the front. They didn't mention that I needed the bracket though.
So it is ok to use?
jeepinbassist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2013, 12:19 PM   #82
Rich93ZJ
Registered User
1993 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Richland, Ga
Posts: 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinbassist View Post
So it is ok to use?
I have been running it for 4 months now. No bracket needed. Works like a charm
Rich93ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2013, 05:30 PM   #83
jeepinbassist
Registered User
1995 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Murray, UT
Posts: 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich93ZJ View Post

I have been running it for 4 months now. No bracket needed. Works like a charm
Even thogh it's rated for 4"-6"?
jeepinbassist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2013, 06:23 PM   #84
Rich93ZJ
Registered User
1993 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Richland, Ga
Posts: 454
This is the one I have in the rear. No brackets installed. Fits like its from the factory. I'm at 3.5 inches lift. http://www.amazon.com/Rubicon-Expres...glink121868-20
Rich93ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2013, 09:24 AM   #85
jeepinbassist
Registered User
1995 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Murray, UT
Posts: 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich93ZJ View Post
This is the one I have in the rear. No brackets installed. Fits like its from the factory. I'm at 3.5 inches lift. http://www.amazon.com/Rubicon-Expres...glink121868-20
Awesome thanks
jeepinbassist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2013, 12:03 PM   #86
98lmtdJay
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 66
I was thinking about the iro 3.5 in lift and im glad i read this. Im gonna need more than just the kit? Is there a kit that comes with every thing you need so i dont have to dik around with mutiple issues and ordering new parts. Or can some one make a list for me of what i will need so i can just do it all at once. I dont wanna spend all my weekends in the garage. Just one. This will be the first lift i have put in anything. I got a 98 lmtd 5.2l

Sent from my galaxy using JeepForum
98lmtdJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2013, 12:09 PM   #87
1ATony
Vendor
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: mass
Posts: 4,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98lmtdJay View Post
I was thinking about the iro 3.5 in lift and im glad i read this. Im gonna need more than just the kit? Is there a kit that comes with every thing you need so i dont have to dik around with mutiple issues and ordering new parts. Or can some one make a list for me of what i will need so i can just do it all at once. I dont wanna spend all my weekends in the garage. Just one. This will be the first lift i have put in anything. I got a 98 lmtd 5.2l

Sent from my galaxy using JeepForum
Kolak is an IRO dealer he can help you out with some cool goodies for the lift. Going to order my IRO kit from him in a bit.

If you need any stock replacement stuff I've been adding ZJ stuff to our site over here. Pretty much all the simple things that tend to go bad on these Jeeps.
__________________

Click Here^^ For a Great Selection Of Auto Repair Parts
1ATony is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2013, 12:51 PM   #88
jeepinbassist
Registered User
1995 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Murray, UT
Posts: 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ATony View Post

Kolak is an IRO dealer he can help you out with some cool goodies for the lift. Going to order my IRO kit from him in a bit.

If you need any stock replacement stuff I've been adding ZJ stuff to our site over here. Pretty much all the simple things that tend to go bad on these Jeeps.
Ordered my lift from kolak last week. He got me a deal and asked me a few questions to make sure i have everything i need. Give him a call and he'll hook you up.
jeepinbassist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2013, 02:11 PM   #89
Rich93ZJ
Registered User
1993 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Richland, Ga
Posts: 454
X2 for the Kolak bump. Great to do business with
Rich93ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2013, 05:34 AM   #90
98lmtdJay
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 66
Sweet i will do that. Ive done about everything from engine rebuild to body work. Thank you very much.

Sent from my galaxy using JeepForum
98lmtdJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools






Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.