2wd zj - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 2wd zj

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-30-2013, 06:20 PM   #61
zjforlife
1998 ZJ 

Ok that's not bad is it the whole system? Or just the exhaust tip?

zjforlife is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-30-2013, 06:27 PM   #62
AaroNX
1997 ZJ 

No tip, they simply removed the stock muffler and put the flowmaster in its place. When I first got the jeep it had a big tip sticking out the back, but I cut it off by the rear passenger tire, I simply didn't like the look.
AaroNX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-30-2013, 08:04 PM   #63
zjforlife
1998 ZJ 

Nice so are you doing any more mods to it or just keeping it as is?
Unread 05-30-2013, 08:09 PM   #64
AaroNX
1997 ZJ 

Well right now the rear axle is ****ed, so I have to deal with it. After that there's no telling. I really enjoy it as a daily driver. The 5.2's have the power and mobility that seem more like driving a car than SUV. I've thought seriously about lowering mine, but I really like it as is with 265-70-15's.
Unread 06-01-2013, 04:33 PM   #65
zjforlife
1998 ZJ 

How low are you looking to go I didn't even know that they made lowering springs for jeeps hahah
Unread 06-01-2013, 04:35 PM   #66
AaroNX
1997 ZJ 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/H-R-97-98-Je...ef6031&vxp=mtr
Unread 06-01-2013, 04:41 PM   #67
zjforlife
1998 ZJ 

Nice dude you should get them and post a few pics I would like to see a lowered zj I've never seen one
Unread 06-03-2013, 04:23 PM   #68
Haleyrz
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjforlife

If you where in the Tampa area I would say bring it my school I go to school for auto body and I would have done it for cheap lol but I just wanted to make everything black on my zj black out the lights tint the windows and plasti dip my rims is next on my list then I'm going to be getting a intake and muffler but other then that Im going to leave it alone cause its also my dd
Haha that sounds pretty cool! I actually found a ZJ at the junk yard same color with all the parts I needed. Hood, fender, grille, header panel, core support, 1 tail light and 1 turn signal assembly all for $150 after tax. It was a pretty good day, especially since I don't have to paint it and those pieces don't have clear coat issues. My ZJ looks new again!
1996 ZJ Laredo, 5.2L V8, 3" Kolak exhaust, K&N FIPK, 4300K HID's, Sold

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pr...27&ref=profile
Haleyrz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2013, 08:42 AM   #69
zjforlife
1998 ZJ 

That's a lucky find everytime I goto the jy the zjs are already half taken apart hahah so do you have any plans for your zj or an upgrade list?
Unread 06-04-2013, 10:32 AM   #70
Haleyrz
1998 ZJ 

Not really. I might do the WJ intake manifold and neon injector swap, maybe an exhaust, but that's about it. 2wd ZJ's aren't worth very much up here. If I ever sold it I'd be lucky to get $1500 for it with the higher miles that it has so I'm not gonna put much more into it. Just keeping it clean and drive it haha

Unread 06-04-2013, 11:31 AM   #71
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haleyrz View Post
Not really. I might do the WJ intake manifold and neon injector swap, maybe an exhaust, but that's about it. 2wd ZJ's aren't worth very much up here. If I ever sold it I'd be lucky to get $1500 for it with the higher miles that it has so I'm not gonna put much more into it. Just keeping it clean and drive it haha
Look at Turbo TPI's thread about his in expensive turbo build. Put one on and spin out all over the wet roads
PolkaPower is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2013, 12:02 PM   #72
Haleyrz
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower

Look at Turbo TPI's thread about his in expensive turbo build. Put one on and spin out all over the wet roads
I might do that lol :-p. btw, unrelated but I just read your post on someone's thread about radio antenna removal. Thanks for posting up the FSM pages Polka. My radio mysteriously stopped powering on after replacing my passenger fender. I think it has something to do with the antenna so I get to trace that today...thanks again though!

Unread 06-04-2013, 04:34 PM   #73
coralman
new wrangler prototype

1998 ZJ 

Mines 2wd, It serves my purposes well. So much so I rebuilt both axles and the complete suspension. I don't think I would have if it had been 4wd, simply because that was tiring enough. Don't get me wrong, the trail guys have a use and its fun.

Links to axle rebuilds, mount replace,a/c box rebuild,ect in history section of my profile page
coralman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2013, 04:55 PM   #74
zjforlife
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by coralman
Mines 2wd, It serves my purposes well. So much so I rebuilt both axles and the complete suspension. I don't think I would have if it had been 4wd, simply because that was tiring enough. Don't get me wrong, the trail guys have a use and its fun.
So what do you with your 2wd zj for fun? And do you have any mods done to it?
Unread 06-04-2013, 05:16 PM   #75
zjforlife
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by coralman
So what do you with your 2wd zj for fun? And do you have any mods done to it?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.