2inch poly spacers ontop of 4inch lift? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 2inch poly spacers ontop of 4inch lift?

Huge Soft top SaleRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!

Unread 07-19-2009, 09:23 PM   #1
JkTheItalianoWJ
2000 WJ 

2inch poly spacers ontop of 4inch lift?

Is it possible to put the 2 inch poly spacers on top of a 4 inch lift by placing them ontop of the coils to get a cheap and easy 6inches of lift? or is that just a really bad idea?

JkTheItalianoWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2009, 09:37 PM   #2
the88thpianoman
2003 WJ 

It's a great idea... if you get longer shocks, all new control arms, change the A arm setup in the back, replace your front and rear sway bar links, change your front driveshaft to double cardon u joints, look into modding the rear shaft as well, and basically get rid of every single part for your 4 inch lift and buy a 6 inch lift. But if you're not going to do all that, then no.
2003 WJ in Jeep Green Metallic, 4.0/242/4.10's. 4" Teraflex springs w/ RE monotube shocks and IRO short arms, cheap intake w/ amsoil filter, 2.5" hi flow cat and back exhaust, lots of lights and other misc crap.

Check out my build thread here: Life lessons and budget build
the88thpianoman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2009, 10:08 PM   #3
GraKee99
Rapist Wit

1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by the88thpianoman View Post
It's a great idea... if you get longer shocks, all new control arms, change the A arm setup in the back, replace your front and rear sway bar links, change your front driveshaft to double cardon u joints, look into modding the rear shaft as well, and basically get rid of every single part for your 4 inch lift and buy a 6 inch lift. But if you're not going to do all that, then no.

WJ, WK, CJ5

Colorado Jeep Club Member #188
GraKee99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2009, 10:27 PM   #4
Virmagicus
Headed Out West

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JkTheItalianoWJ View Post
Is it possible to put the 2 inch poly spacers on top of a 4 inch lift by placing them ontop of the coils to get a cheap and easy 6inches of lift? or is that just a really bad idea?

Buy a ZJ.... it will be alot easier.
Virmagicus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-05-2009, 04:56 PM   #5
blackwhiteriot
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by virmagicus View Post
Buy a ZJ.... it will be alot easier.
lol so if i buy a 3.5 can i put my bb on top of it. and not have to replace everything that he named? for my zj of course.
blackwhiteriot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-05-2009, 05:08 PM   #6
sandman
1993 ZJ 

^^^^^^ no ^^^^^^^
Unread 08-07-2009, 10:49 AM   #7
ZJTechie
1997 ZJ 

If you look at the ZJ/WJ forum stickies there are MANY links to lifts, theory and approaches. The general idea I have gleaned from reading all that was that lifting over 4.5 inches WILL require much more money and parts. Geometry for these vehicles seems to choose the 4.5" as a "magic number", though I am unsure as to whether that applies to the WJ exactly. In short, if you wish to look at lifts over four inches, you will NEED to spend a huge amount to make everything work correctly and SAFELY on and off the trail. There is NO other way around it. Keep your lift shorter and you will avoid lots of headaches and wallet burning.

My current JEEP score: 205 (see site below)
http://jeepboard.com/jeeprate.htm
ZJTechie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.