2004 Grand Cherokee rotors - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 2004 Grand Cherokee rotors

Poison Spyder JK LED Taillight Wiring HarnessBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 10-24-2007, 05:53 PM   #1
Markwvj

2004 Grand Cherokee rotors

I have a 2004 Grand Cherokee that seems to warp rotors if you look at them cross-eyed. I am going on my third set of rotors in 36 thousand miles (as you can see I am not hard on my Jeep) I know there is a tech bulletin on the 2002 for rotors but I can't find any on my 2004 relating to brake rotors. I have a friend who has a 2004 as well and he is experiencing the same issues. Any help out there would sure be appreciated, you can email me direct at: markh42003@yahoo.com if you have any input. BTW it is the Columbia edition 4.7ltr H.O. thanks in advance.... Mark

Markwvj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2007, 09:32 PM   #2
Flyusaf2002
2001 WJ 

Hey Mark - this is a really common problem, even for you new WJ's that have the Akebono Calipers. Its a combination of uneven pressure and excessive temperature that causes the rotors to wear out. If you search on the forum, you'll see a ton of threads regarding the problem.

Basically - stop buying stock rotors. A lot of people have luck with the Brembo replacements. Some other guys have had luck with the discount brakes at Brakeplanet.com.

If you want to fix it right - Talk to Nick and buy his Stillen Rotos and Metal Matrix pads. You can get him at Kolak@aol.com

They aren't cheap, but supposedly they're the best.

Go over to www.wjjeeps.com, go into the expanded index, and start looking around at all the information on the brake problem - you're not the first!

Good luck!
Andy
(PS...I went the cheap route with Brakeplanet drilled and slotted....they haven't failed yet...but it hasn't been that long!)
Flyusaf2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2007, 05:48 AM   #3
georged
2004 WJ 

I think there should be another class acion suit to cover the 2004 models.
georged is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.