2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee A/C Problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee A/C Problem

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDRear Disc Brake Conversion Kit- TJ,YJ,XJSWAG 50 Cal Ammo Can Mount With M2A1 Can

Unread 06-25-2006, 11:21 AM   #1
jnfann

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee A/C Problem

Ok Guys, I have got me a fun one here that I am just not getting.

I have me a 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee with Manual Temp Control, and what it is doing is when you crank up the A/C it will blow Freezing cold, out of the Left Center vent and the far Left Vent, then you go to the other side, and it will just barley blow out of the right Center vent, but still some what cold, and then the right two vent that have the air bag in between them will only blow out luke warm air. Now I know what everyone is going to say and that is that there is a blend door that is not working properly, but i have pulled the dash out of this thing and checked ever blend door, and actuator, they are all working properly, and none of them are broken, but just for the fun of it I called the Chrysler Dealership here in my home town, and they told me that there was a TSB on these Jeeps, that they are replacing the Mid Case Blend doors, and that is usually fixing this problem. So i went ahead and bought it prior to pulling the jeep apart that way when i got it apart if that was in fact the problem, then i could just go ahead and put it in. Well pulled it apart put the blend doors in and still no fix.......... I am just not gettting this here jeep, and as a Tech myself I am really looking for some help because i have rattled my brain for any other ideas, and just can not come up with anything, the only two things that are really left in the system is the control module, and the blower motor. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

One other thing that i have not mentioned which is making me think of maybe the blower motor, the air that is coming out of the right two vents, that are blowing luke warm, it is also just barley blowing out of the vent, very little air comes out of the vents with the blower motor on high, and the right center vent also blows very week.

jnfann is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2006, 04:31 PM   #2
1 Long CJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I've got the same problem. Haven't looked into it yet, but it doesn't sound like the blend door problem. 04 Laredo SE
1 Long CJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2006, 07:42 PM   #3
1 Long CJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Anyone else having this problem?
1 Long CJ is online now   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.