2003 Grand Cherokee Window fuse... - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 2003 Grand Cherokee Window fuse...

Save big with ExtremeTerrain.com's Top Spring Mods Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep Restorations, Mild to Wild! CCOR

Reply
Unread 07-21-2008, 12:48 PM   #1
CBlakeNS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Va
Posts: 1,318
2003 Grand Cherokee Window fuse...

Is there a window fuse and where is it located? I looked but I cant find it.. its the front and rear passenger windows that I need help with.

Thanks,
Blake

CBlakeNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2008, 01:10 PM   #2
cadencedad
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 1,875
does it make a noise.Its usually the window regulator.Jeep is cheep on some parts
cadencedad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2008, 01:30 PM   #3
CBlakeNS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Va
Posts: 1,318
I dont know I pulled the panel off so everything is unplugged......

Is there a fuse for the windows that I can check?
CBlakeNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2008, 01:31 PM   #4
tennesseewj
Registered User
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 2,302
Slow down player. Did they just suddenly stop working one day or what?

I doubt you had two regulators go at exactly the same time, so if they both stopped working at the same time it could be the switch or the wiring harness also. Describe the problem so we're not sending you on a wild goose chase


Here is where the fuse is, though, so you can go ahead and check that

http://www.wjjeeps.com/misc/power_dist_ctr_02.jpg
__________________
2004 4.0 Selec-Trac
BB->Black Diamonds->General Grabbers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporer65 View Post
You need to learn, there are 3 things that all JF members must like beside Jeeps:
(1) Guns (2) Women (3) Bacon
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraKee99 View Post
I was bored so I forded the river. No oxen were lost.
tennesseewj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2008, 03:45 PM   #5
CBlakeNS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Va
Posts: 1,318
I got the rear window working by just hooking the front door panel up again. However the front passenger side window does not work still...Whenever I press up or down on the switch, you can hear something moving inside but the window does not go up or down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennesseewj View Post
Slow down player. Did they just suddenly stop working one day or what?

I doubt you had two regulators go at exactly the same time, so if they both stopped working at the same time it could be the switch or the wiring harness also. Describe the problem so we're not sending you on a wild goose chase


Here is where the fuse is, though, so you can go ahead and check that

http://www.wjjeeps.com/misc/power_dist_ctr_02.jpg
CBlakeNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2008, 08:10 PM   #6
tennesseewj
Registered User
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 2,302
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlakeNS View Post
Whenever I press up or down on the switch, you can hear something moving inside but the window does not go up or down.

That sounds like a window regulator to me. It's not terribly expensive or difficult, but an inconvenience for sure. If you search the term you'll probably find some good places to buy one
__________________
2004 4.0 Selec-Trac
BB->Black Diamonds->General Grabbers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporer65 View Post
You need to learn, there are 3 things that all JF members must like beside Jeeps:
(1) Guns (2) Women (3) Bacon
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraKee99 View Post
I was bored so I forded the river. No oxen were lost.
tennesseewj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2008, 08:23 PM   #7
CBlakeNS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Va
Posts: 1,318
I can get a regulator and motor together in one piece for 65 dollars but I do not know really how to install it....The only reason I can get it for so cheap is because I know a bunch of people in parts business. I went to the dealership to me and they said they wanted like 435 bucks or something to do it, I told them they had to be out of there minds.
CBlakeNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2008, 08:31 PM   #8
tennesseewj
Registered User
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 2,302
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlakeNS View Post
I can get a regulator and motor together in one piece for 65 dollars but I do not know really how to install it....The only reason I can get it for so cheap is because I know a bunch of people in parts business. I went to the dealership to me and they said they wanted like 435 bucks or something to do it, I told them they had to be out of there minds.
Yeah $65 is about what I paid when we had to fix one in my Mom's 03. It's an easy install, unbolt old, install new. If I remember right a Haynes manual has the steps in it with some pictures.
__________________
2004 4.0 Selec-Trac
BB->Black Diamonds->General Grabbers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporer65 View Post
You need to learn, there are 3 things that all JF members must like beside Jeeps:
(1) Guns (2) Women (3) Bacon
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraKee99 View Post
I was bored so I forded the river. No oxen were lost.
tennesseewj is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.