2002 Grand Cherokee Cruise/Air Vent problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 2002 Grand Cherokee Cruise/Air Vent problem

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 09-08-2008, 08:09 PM   #1
lmronby
2002 WJ 

2002 Grand Cherokee Cruise/Air Vent problem

My internet research suggests this is a vacuum problem. I have seen it suggested on a few sites... i.e. Here

Also some jerk was nice enough to run a red light and bang up my front right corner 2 years ago. Repairs were made but I believe there is a vacuum box somewhere behind that front passenger fender. The problems are new but maybe the damage to that area caused something to work loose.

What do you pros think? Does anyone have a vacuum diagram so I can try to chase down a possible leak? Thanks in advance.

-Lmronby

lmronby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2008, 08:46 PM   #2
JoshuaDHarp
1997 ZJ 

Check the small rubber hose right underneath the battery tray (front side, I could see mine without pulling anything although if you need to fix it you will most likely have to pull the battery and the tray). There is a hose that runs to a nipple. I just fixed my wifes the other night with the same issues you are having.

If the hose does have a hole or is dryrotted you can try taping it up or cutting the end of the hose off and re inserting it on the nipple.
JoshuaDHarp is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.